Stay in your lane

By Kittykatkrunch - 12/11/2009 05:09 - Australia

Today, I found out my boyfriend was crushing on his best friend. When I found out, I asked him about it. He replied, "Don't worry, she's perfect and is way too good for me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 735
You deserved it 3 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can't believe he crushed his best friend. He must work out.

I am sorry, but your boyfriend sounds like an insensitive jerk! That's so rude! He doesn't deserve you if he's like that.

Comments

Hey, at least I kno how to get stuff, not implying to do it ALL the time but in instances such as the OP's if it was my guy, shopping spree all the way. At least I'm honest about it. AND it sure helps train the fiancée on thinking before he says something inconsiderate.

why would anyone want to marry someone as blatantly selfish and controlling as you? oh well, it's his life...

O you misunderstand, he gets what he wants and I get what I want it's a very giving relationship. There is no selfishness on any of our parts.

bubbles4me 0

Heh, I understand what that's like. My boyfriend loves this other girl and when we get into fights about it he just tells me it really doesn't matter that he loves her because she would never get with him. Oh and he calls her his wife...

You and the OP need to get out of those relationships. Don't let yourself be someone's second best, because there's someone out there who will see you as their best, period. I was in a relationship with someone who was in love with someone else, and was admittedly willing to give me up if it meant having her. I felt like a piece of trash for awhile, then I pulled on my big girl pants and got out of that relationship. Since then, I got into a relationship with someone who loved *me* for *myself*, not because it was the best he could get. It'll be 4 years this month, I'm moving in with him, and I really couldn't be happier. If I didn't get out of that first relationship, who knows where I would be now. You might feel lonely without someone, and you might not meet someone else right away, but you need to learn to be happy with and by yourself.

I'd really like to know why guys think that will make a girl feel better about the situation. It's more a slap in the face than anything, and I don't want to date a guy that sees me as the girl he has to settle for.

soreness123 0

Screw him! You're awesome and deserve someone better

HDI for having low self esteem. YDI for being low-lying fruit.

dump his ass. stand up for yourself. don't be some stupid girl that he can toy with

Mario9587 0