Standards

By "missnettymarie" - 12/05/2017 08:42 - Canada - Westerose

Today, I was told that I wasn't "long-term material" by a guy who has the words "white trash" tattooed across his knuckles. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 276
You deserved it 2 302

missnettymarie tells us more.

Hey OP here. Thanks for all the comments. They seriously made me laugh my ass off haha. The guy was/is actually a really great person and is very kindhearted. They tattoos are in no way an accurate representation of his character. When I made this post I was admitedly feeling all butt hurt and rejected so I guess I decided to be a dirt bag and post about it on social media. In all reality it wasn't that big of a deal and I have definitely since moved on.

Top comments

Maybe you just don't have the drug ring running or monster truck repair skills he's after? How many roadkill recipes have you mastered?

That's ok. 'Long-term material' is probably a couple weeks to him.

Comments

Maybe you just don't have the drug ring running or monster truck repair skills he's after? How many roadkill recipes have you mastered?

That's when you tell him he's not corporate material and walk away.

diisneygirl 2

Sounds like you dodged a bullet then.

That's ok. 'Long-term material' is probably a couple weeks to him.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Nothing in the OP says that there was any hooking up involved.

"Don't judge based on looks!!!" "Don't date someone with that tattoo!" -the same commenter

Honey a tattoo like that is more than looks, its a character statement.

Tattoos are voluntary - If "White Trash" brands himself as "trash"' then trust his judgement on that and stay away.

People sometimes get tattoos they regret. There's no indication of when he got that tattoo or why. He could have good character or be intelligent, or have other good qualities. Nowhere does it say that the OP is interested purely based on looks. Considering the OP's apparent opinion on the tattoo it seems likely that they were looking past his appearance.

alternative-facts 6

If you really want to be long term material for this loser, get 2 dancing juggaloes tattooed on your lower back with YOLO BITCH in the center. That'll keep him coming back. Or not...

jcash52426 5

I guess that's a complement. But that guy might not be the right person for you.

That's too bad you coulda been a cute couple, assuming you got tattooed on your knuckles, "Quit jerking off to Betty ____, and take out the ____" It'd be hilarious when you held hands!

I'd take that as a compliment if I were you. Seriously...you need to reevaluate your standards.