Spice

By HungerStrike - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Czech Republic - Hostivice

Today, me and some friends had home-made burgers for lunch. The guy who did the cooking later insisted that spitting in a frying pan is a perfectly acceptable way of guessing the right time to add the oil. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 795
You deserved it 3 658

Top comments

oj101 33

Or alternatively, he could test the pan by putting one drop of oil. Mind = blown.

Those burgers might have a little bit of a different taste now...

Comments

NodakN8V 25
franklydizzy 5

You're OK the heat from the pan would have evaporated all of the saliva and killed off any germs. but i guess if you have germaphobia it would still be upsetting.

stop being so dramatic all the bacteria was cooked away

1.) this is an inauspicious albeit practical way to check pan temperature 2.) concerning sanitization, there is no concern for the heat of the pan will destory any biological threat 3.) i'm not sure if you have a mind to develop this sort of conclusion, but apparently these facts bother you sounds to me like you need to accept the fact that it happened and abrogate it's practice in your future. get over it!

He likes doing gross things and seeing how people react. I would never eat anything at his house again.

Ya its kinda not cool but cooking in oil like that should be round 170f frying 300+f so it is safe just gross

I was going to just scroll down but I just can't. I took a Sanitation and Safety class last semester, and this goes against nearly every rule and precaution we ever learned. NEVER DO THIS!

Seems like you didn't pay attention in class then. While not exactly nice the heat would of killed anything.

The heat will kill the germs, so at least it won't get you sick

Meh, It won't hurt anyone. The heat of the pan will kill any germs.