Spice

By HungerStrike - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Czech Republic - Hostivice

Today, me and some friends had home-made burgers for lunch. The guy who did the cooking later insisted that spitting in a frying pan is a perfectly acceptable way of guessing the right time to add the oil. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 795
You deserved it 3 658

Top comments

oj101 33

Or alternatively, he could test the pan by putting one drop of oil. Mind = blown.

Those burgers might have a little bit of a different taste now...

Comments

oj101 33

Or alternatively, he could test the pan by putting one drop of oil. Mind = blown.

Water? Let's be real: That makes too much sense, and who has time for that nowadays? Ain't nobody.

guyfawke 5

Am I the only one around here who grills burgers instead of frying them?

grilled burgers are way better but it's cold as shit outside.

63- as a Floridian, I'd like to know what the hell this "cold" thing is, it sounds interesting

#63 - Better come to Australia, some parts have crazy weather.

rique2008 10

I just use my George foreman usually.

Now I'm just taking a wild guess here, but that might, just maybe, have been the point. Maybe.

#2 actually even though the thought of it is gross, if the temperature were actually right for the oil to be added then it would be hot enough to boil the saliva faster than germs could spread. Thus, disgusting but sanitary.

RedPillSucks 31

Spit on his face and tell him you're just taking his temperature

Beat the shit out of his face and fry it

Those burgers might have a little bit of a different taste now...

So I thought burgers made their own grease?

I have never used oil no matter how I've cooked them, but maube it is cultural thing. Who am I to judge?

Epikouros 31

I usually cook with oil, but why wait to add the oil? It's not as if it goes bad when it's lukewarm.

If the oil is not hot enough, the food will suck it up like a sponge and that can make you feel really nauseous.

chocolatefrog28 29

yeah, I always thought that that's how you do it... my whole life has been a lie...

Oouch... I wonder what test he did on the veggies...

Sinamoi 18

Adds that hint of flavor that you couldn't get if you were eatting anywhere with standards.

oj101 33

On the plus side, at least there's plenty of enzymes of break down the meat to ensure a smooth, tender quality to it.

did he eat something yummy the meal before? it's like a marinade!