Spelling Bee

By anda1000douchesscourthispostformistakes - 16/09/2015 13:42 - United States - Meriden

Today, I made it onto my boss's shit-list, after pointing out that he'd misspelled "customer" as "costumer" 6 times in his report, and "college education" as "collage education" twice. It'd be a dick move on his part even if making corrections like this weren't part of my damn job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 033
You deserved it 1 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your boss needs to go back to "collage" and get himself a "collage education" so he can learn to spell.

He's probably afraid you'll be *his* boss soon, and one can only hope there's something to it. How do these guys even get promoted?

Comments

middlenamefrank 8

Well, at least he did use spell check first.

I once asked my boss if she would like me to help her with her grammar and spelling on a write she did on me before I submitted my rebuttal. she refused. I won my case.

I think that people who regularly send out emails and/or hold positions of authority should have a very firm grasp on the English language. I have interacted with people who didn't know how to use the correct forms of "your/you're" or "there/they're/their" and didn't know how to spell words like "benefits." I know that your grammar is not necessarily a direct reflection on how well you do your job, but it doesn't help your case...

To be fair, 49, dyslexic people can have a good grasp of English while still making unintentional mistakes on paper. But in that case they could, you know, hire someone to proofread their communications and then listen to their critique INSTEAD of getting offended...

It sounds like your boss is an obvious jerk. Could have told him auto correct had screwed up his words causing them to be incorrect. Then you could have shared an awkward, knowing laugh :)

Maybe he's dyslexic? But then again you'd know if he were