Someone's getting coal from Santa...

By Anonymous - 15/12/2017 15:00

Today, my nephew stabbed me in the knee with a colouring pencil. The hospital says he ripped a hole in a tendon and I need surgery to fix it or one day it'll snap. I’ll have a limp for the rest of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 972
You deserved it 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

exileonmainst 16

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a colouring pencil to the knee.

I do hope you didn't let him get away with that. Little sh*t.

Comments

PhantomCrevan 8

Forget civil court, I'd be looking into the little shit going to criminal court. If he's old enough to do permanent damage, he's old enough to be held accountable for the consequences.

TeachAllTheMath 19

This sounds more like a very young child thing to do, toddler-young elementary. This is awful, but kind of a freak accident too. Kids make mistakes, their brains aren’t developed so decision making is impaired. You don’t always have to call the cops, sometimes you can just use the incident as a teachable moment that makes a positive impact on him in the long run. Still provide consequences, but criminal court? Holy overkill Batman.

PhantomCrevan 8

It went deep enough to puncture the main tendon in the leg- it would take near full force for an adult to stab that deep. So the fact that it got that deep at ALL means the kid is almost certainly eight years old or older. A few inches over, it would have hit a major artery and OP would have bleed out. As it stands, OP is going to have a life long limp and life long pain, which isn't something that a chat is going to fix or make up for. Criminal court wouldn't result in much except for the kid probably being forced to go to anger management classes- which he obviously needs, considering that even toddlers know that hitting is bad- and being forced to do community service. And when he turns 18, his record gets sealed. This kid is the type that grows up and winds up in prison for murder because they never learned to control their temper because people always waved it away as them being a kid and then as them being a teen. Having to stand in front of a judge and explain why he stabbed his uncle is far more likely to stick with him as a reason to learn how to than his parents giving him a "talk," because it means that he gets held accountable for his actions. It doesn't matter if he didn't think it would actually hurt OP. He did, and now he needs to learn that it doesn't matter if he "didn't mean to" or it was an accident- actions have consequences.

TeachAllTheMath 19

I think a young kid could have done this as a part of a freak accident, which is why I said toddler- young elementary, you’re taking about a different age of kid. If the kid was a teenager, I’m with you, call the cops. Calm down, and read first before throwing yourself into a typing tizzy. So defensive. You seem to think you know EVERYTHING but maybe, just maybe, you can step out of your ego for a minute and consider that someone with a bachelors in education and a masters in childhood development, a teacher with over a decade of experience (who has taught literally thousands of kids- some who ended up in the system), or a mother of a teenager, might have better insight than you do.

Alex Neiva 17

Wow, what place did you go to for a masters and still think that's fine? Shit, if it was me, I woulda got my ass beat. You learn right from wrong in kindergarten, that's 4 years old. The strength to stab and rupture a tendon in the knee? More than likely wouldn't happen as a 4 year old. This kid knew what would happen, but didn't think about the consequences of his actions. That's what you should have learned in your classes lol

PhantomCrevan 8

Now that I realize that you are the same person who made a similar "corrective" comment on my other post, I am amused that you not only apparently think I am being "defensive" about your apparent need to attempt to specifically target my comments, but at the number of assumptions you've made. I really don't care about your opinion, and your belief that I do because I defend my positions on matters is cringeworthy. Attacking- for lack of a better word- someone's stance and expecting them to not defend their point is either ignorant or arrogant. I've never implied that I know everything and have in fact admitted to not knowing or being uncertain about certain subjects. However, I do have a rather broad range of information on hand due to my life and family. That range of knowledge does in fact include child and brain development, psychology, sociology, and biology. Add in that I've had personal experience with children that performed behaviors like stabbing a person- which is VERY difficult to do in a "freak accident" to begin with, let alone with the force implied- when at home but pretend to be well behaved in the classroom, as the VICTIM of said children, and maybe you should "step out" of /your/ ego to realize that I could- and DO- know what I'm talking about. Thanks to having family that worked or currently works in the correctional system, I also have some knowledge that many people don't think about. Example being that I know something that a lot of people in prison for impulse murders committed out of anger wish had been done for them. Specifically, they wish that someone in their life had made them face major consequences for their impulses and anger when they were children, so they had learned to control their anger. Which is WHY I said to make it a criminal matter- it may be an opportunity to teach, but sometimes a lecture and a grounding or spanking doesn't give the lesson that the 'student' needs.

PhantomCrevan 8

Oh, and for the record? I double checked the likelihood of this kind of injury being an accident with my mother. My mother who has nearly forty years of experience in the medical field, including as an EMT, paramedic, ER nurse, nurse at a family practice, nurse at a correctional facility, and a hospital nurse. She said there'd be no way for a colour pencil used to stab someone by a child under the age of six to go that deep AND do that much damage, even if they ran into the person's leg at full speed by accident. She said it would have to be an older child for it to be an accident, and that even then it would be exceedingly unlikely to be one because of the location of the injury. Adding in the amount of damage and she says it was almost certainly intentional, particularly when referencing her experience with treating similar injuries.

TeachAllTheMath 19

Not even going to pretend to read these replies.

The kids parents need to help pay for medical bills. And if they refuse, in my opinion, take it to court! That is beyond ridiculous that a kid stabbed you so hard you are permanently handicapped! The parents must pay for what they spawn has done. I hope one day he will feel terrible for doing this for you. I wish you the best of luck OP.

If I were you I would spank the shit out of his ass is called Asian discipline at its finest

Punch that little bastard in the teeth

Coal? What this kid needs is a swift kick in the ass... and an entire extra-large stocking full of coal. Someone gets Santa on the horn and tell him to triple-check the list this year.

rety1 13

depending how old he is and what his parents have told him, shatter his dreams. tell him all about the mythical creatures his parents likely made him believe to be true. also, hit him with a bag of oranges, apparently it doesn't leave bruises.

I’d find a way to get back at the little shit.

"Hello, nephew, guess who's about to buy stock in coal mining with all the Christmas money you won't be getting?" The nephew is about to learn the nature of consequences for Christmas.