So, here's the thing…

By HairyBoobs - 05/11/2009 14:22 - United States

Today, I nearly sliced my nipple off while shaving my chest and had to go to the ER. Turns out it was a teaching hospital so I got to explain in front of two doctors and eight med students how, even though I'm a woman, my nipples are so hairy I have to shave them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 406
You deserved it 6 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, that sucks there were all those med students there. Then again, watching doctors in the field is the breast way to learn.

Comments

perdix 29

Cinderella Dressed in . . . *Ralph!* Game over, man!

Well, technically, Cushing's typically has hirtsuism, or male hair growth patterns in women, resulting in mustaches, hairy chests, and "Happy trails," and that's just a hyperactive glandular issue. So I mean, there's plenty of ways it might not be the OP's fault. No sense jumping to "zomg gross."

ozymandias_fml 0

Meh, I've heard worse. Humans DO have hair almost all over their bodies, except for (I think) the bottoms of the feet and the ears.

LemonFairy 0

Pretty sure ears have hair, but I think the palms of the hands might not?

Meh, I don't really know. I guess you can say the palms don't have hair. Idk if ears really have hair. Inside them I think they do but idk about the outside of them

You don't "have" to. But either way - have you never heard of tweezers?!

lolliluxe 0

Did you also have to tell them that men can get breast cancer too?

It seems like you had to have been shaving with much reckless abandon to nearly slice your nipple off. Yikes.

blland 0

wtf? why aren't you asking your son to do it?

your chest is probably hairier than my dick

AndelleRae 9

I love the immature "Ewwww, gross!" comments on here. No one can choose where hair sprouts up on their body. I have the same problem because of a hormone imbalance that runs in my family. It's not like I choose to grow hair there. While I agree that the OP is overreacting a bit as far as the level of FML this really is, people need to grow up.

ozymandias_fml 0

But you evidently choose not to.... you know.. FIX IT.

AndelleRae 9

Hey, I'm currently unemployed, and the medicine that fixes it is expensive. I'm searching for a job, but until then, I'm stuck with plucking/waxing/shaving/whatever works best at the time. It's not like I enjoy having hair in places I ought not to have hair in, and I would fix it if I could. I just think people are being a tad ridiculous by telling the op she deserves it for being hairy.

Wait, do you mean "fix it" like how the OP did or do you mean that she should like take meds for it? I'm confused. Also just as a side note for some other posters, not every woman with this issue has a genetic problem. It is perfectly natural and is not always a sign of a hormone imbalance or anything like that.

Saying "gross" isn't immature. It's not a judgement, just a reaction. It's not like it being natural is relevant, you can't expect people to react differently according to how natural something is. Look at another example: taking a shit is natural, but shit is still gross. There are always going to be people who find nipple hair gross, and maturity or "growing up" has nothing to do with it.

It's not always a sign of hormonal imbalance, but they are fairly common. I just think that it's worth looking into, particularly if a woman shows other symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, such as irregular or particularly painful menstruation, thinning hair on the head, excess weight around the torso only, etc. Since hormonal conditions can cause health problems that you may not notice right away, it's always better to be aware of your body's status. That's all.