So creepy

By anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my crazy ex-girlfriend legally changed her last name to mine. I'm getting married in a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 432
You deserved it 3 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Change yours to your new wife's last name...

neutralize 12

Well, someone didn't want to quite let go... yikes!

Comments

I don't think It's....TOO bad...as long as she's not stalking you or threatening you. I mean It's ******* creepy for sure, but you can't do anything about it. As long as she isn't physically bothering you and whatnot, just forget about her. And congratulations! Don't let it ruin your wedding. :)

Name changes have to be published in the paper for 30 days to give people the ability to object

That's an interesting approach to win you back? I don't know, never heard of this happening -.-

if a girl is not married to you and has the same last name as yours... then she should have figured out that she either will become u r cousin or step sister...

Pyro_Wolf 17

So, according to you, every person with the last name Smith is related?

Perfect opportunity to take your new wife's name

How getting married adds something to the FML? OP, It should be a solution to your problem: you can change your name to the name of your spouse or you both can get your names put together. That said, it sounds pretty easy to change your surname in the US, I bet it comes to pretty weird names sometimes, considering the weird first names some parents come up with for their child…

Metta World Peace. I rest my case :D

Nothing like a restraining order, and a taser for when she doesn't follow said order.

littlebuggy 10

Sorry OP that sucks. Maybe you could take your future wife's last name instead of using yours.

Don't worry about it, if it's not getting any crazier. Have a wonderful wedding and congratulations to the two of you!