Sneaky

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Piscataway

Today, I asked a traffic cop if it was okay to park my car briefly in a 'Monday to Friday only' parking spot, since it's Saturday. She politely replied I could. I came back less than ten minutes later, only to find a parking ticket stuck to my windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 470
You deserved it 17 366

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She said you could park there not that she wouldn't give you a ticket.

BeMyLove15 10

Comments

Never, I repeat, NEVER... trust a cop.

Just call the police station and they'll revoke your ticket

Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, good luck with that.

sugarshane007 20

Wow! Somebody clearly has never gotten a ticket for anything before. Go ahead and call the station, I'm sure the officers on duty need a good laugh.

You should've at least gotten the cops name, car number, badge number or something if you were going to trust them to park there. At least then you could've had some sort of evidence to fight the ticket.

sugarshane007 20

Um.... usually their name and some sort of identifying number are on the ticket. I believe that is the evidence you are looking for Sherlock. The only problem is, you'll still need Johnnie Cochran to have any chance in winning the fight, and unfortunately for OP, Cochran is long gone.

I understand that, but I'm assuming a different cop wrote the ticket. I was saying OP should've gotten that info from the cop who OK'd OP to park in the first place.

sugarshane007 20

Usually, most cities will spread their traffic cops out, so that the most ground can be covered over the period of the shift. It's not common for more than one to be in a set area, that way they can patrol as much as possible and find people breaking basic traffic laws as quickly as possible, before they can right their wrongs. All OP did was play right into their hands. Never trust traffic cops, they are given one goal, and that is to get as many tickets as possible.

Very true, I agree with you, but even though it may not be common it does and has happened (my friend experienced something similar calling a parked car in). So in this case we are kind of left to guess if it was the same cop or not. The way I understood the FML it seemed it would be a different cop to me.

sugarshane007 20

The FML does need more explanation, that is for sure. This is one of those times I hope the OP shows up with the info.

sugarshane007 20

There have been a lot of cops trolling and causing FML's over the past month it seems. I say bravo to these men and women of law enforcement. They have kept me entertained, so at least my tax dollars are doing something beneficial.

perdix 29

You probably asked her, "CAN I park here?" She said, "Yes, you CAN park there," but the ticket said you MAY NOT park there. Expensive grammar lesson, indeed.

sugarshane007 20

Perdix, those cops really love those grammar loopholes. That's how they got permission to search your car, I'm sure.

Its just like when ur kid asks "can i go to the bathroom?"

They tell you"yeahhh girl park there you good its the weekend." but in Chicago them meter people dont play next thing you know your car gone and you struck!