Snapped

By Amorie - 26/04/2023 02:00 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, while I was normally and gently cleaning my glasses with my shirt they snapped in half. This is the second time this has happened, with the exact same glasses. The optometrist got me another pair last time, but this time they said no because it was too suspicious. I now have to buy $150 glasses again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 367
You deserved it 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My daughter has this habit as well. Many glasses can't take much torque. See if your insurance will cover any of the repair/replacement. If not, need chose a stronger frame next time or find a much more gentle method to clean them.

(1) Don’t clean glasses with your shirt. Keep a clean handkerchief or Kleenex or glasses cleaner so you don’t accidentally put too much torque on your glasses while cleaning them… (2) Some styles of frames are more rugged than others. If they are light and delicate they will break easily… (3) When you buy your glasses the sellers usually offer a warranty at extra cost. In your case be sure you get it.

Comments

My daughter has this habit as well. Many glasses can't take much torque. See if your insurance will cover any of the repair/replacement. If not, need chose a stronger frame next time or find a much more gentle method to clean them.

There is a brand of glass frames (I think it's called Memorex) that you can twist, and it retains its shape. Try that.

I hope they're better than Flexon. Mine snapped while I tried to demonstrate them!

(1) Don’t clean glasses with your shirt. Keep a clean handkerchief or Kleenex or glasses cleaner so you don’t accidentally put too much torque on your glasses while cleaning them… (2) Some styles of frames are more rugged than others. If they are light and delicate they will break easily… (3) When you buy your glasses the sellers usually offer a warranty at extra cost. In your case be sure you get it.

You need to learn what the words "normally" and "gently" mean, Hulkster! It's "normal" to clean your glasses with a lint-free cloth.

tiptoppc 19

Oof. Had that happen with walmart frames. Both broke the exact same way, the exact same part and for the exact same reason. In both instances, i was literally just walking and they fell off my face the second they broke. The solder weld on the lens frame that connects the earpieces just broke. Not even touched. I got BC goggles this time around hoping for a better lifespan.

Check how Zenni.com you can buy glasses for like $20,

At least you get away with $150 for glasses. With my astigmatism and no line bifocals, mine cost nearly $600!

Better get a different type of frame next time.