Slow day

By lion2294 - 05/03/2015 09:19 - United States - Laingsburg

Today, my boss threatened to fire me if I didn't stop looking at my phone while working. I work in the back room, and there is no clock in there. I look at my phone to check the time. That way I know how long I have left in that hellhole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 563
You deserved it 7 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

buy a clock, hang it on the wall in the back room and the next person working there won't end up in the same situation.

Comments

or maybe even have a "bring your alarm clock to work day"?

#26 - Nah, just "way to be practical." When you're regularly in a situation where you want to know the time but can't take out your phone -- whether that's work, class, skydiving, or whatever -- you need a different solution. Like a watch.

iAmPaul 49

26 - Watches are still very modern and relevant. I wear a $150 watch, even though I also have a phone. It's really handy.

I was being sarcastic. Where's the sarcastic font when you need it??

We get it was sarcasm. Just wasn't funny.

Ok, everything ok but, why is the price of your watch relevant #35?

If he's going to be that big of an asshole about it, probably the best option I can think of is to invest in a watch. You did nothing wrong but it might be the best idea for your sake

Well they said they only checked the time, its easy when your checking your phone for the time to sneak read and respond to a text and thats what the problem is!

Tell your boss what you are doing and if he/she doesn't listen just buy a watch

emile_heskey 11
justsayin91 10

no. .. time to grow up and buy a watch.

I think people may not understand why you're saying this, he clearly says that it's a hellhole and he wants to leave, so why do a job you hate with a passion?

Because sometimes there aren't any other options when you need to put food in your mouth, and a roof over your head.

Not sure why people are down voting #27. She is exactly right and the world would be a much better place if more people thought like that. Instead, people are lazy and sit on their fat asses while collecting welfare because they're "struggling in between jobs"

hockeygoalie13 15

#37 that is an ignorant and "hartlesss" thing to say. Although there are people who are lazy and rely on welfare, most would rather be independent and self-reliant. Also, it's not possible to feed a family on minimum wage if that's the only job you can find. There are plenty of welfare recipients who are hard workers, so don't state nasty assumptions about something you've probably never experienced.

#50 you're right, I've never experienced welfare. However, I was in the army surviving on less than minimum wage while lazy assholes collected a larger paycheck than me for doing nothing at all. But I guess I'm the bad guy for believing hard work actually means something. Also, don't turn my name into a ******* pun.

Sometimes finding a job takes more luck than hard work, especially if you're living in an area where jobs are scarce, Danielfartless

If jobs are scarce then move. I moved 1300 miles for my job.

Not everyone can up sticks and go, moving takes funds, certainty you'll get a job in your new location where noone knows you to recommend you, uprooting anyone who is dependant on you etc etc.

buy a clock, hang it on the wall in the back room and the next person working there won't end up in the same situation.

harmtouch16 11

So you don't appear to be a clock watching worker, buy a clock for the wall... and look for a new job... life is too short to be miserable .

You could pull a flavor-flav and get a golden wall clock as the pendant on your gold chain. This should annoy your boss enough to let you look at your phone whenever you like.

This is genius, I really hope OP sees this!

eyebrowzzz 21

Just find an easier way to check your phone, or why not wear a watch