Slipping up

By FastFlight - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter used Pledge to clean the wooden staircase. I found out when I tried to walk down them in socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 767
You deserved it 5 140

Top comments

Either her heart was in the right place, or it really, really wasn't.

xNatsuki 0

Ouch. At least she does more than other kids these days.

Comments

And I live in Sweden. I have never heard of Pledge, despite that I consider my English to be very good. Now I understand the FML, before I had no clue what the FML was about. Pledge could be anything from a tool used to clean it (Possibly it was a small kid using a tool for carpentry, and the wood got all messed up and he got splinters in his feet?), to some polish, to something you'd never use for anything related to cleaning. It doesn't say how old the daughter is, it could be a baby or small child, then it doesn't have to make sense to use it for cleaning. Seriously, some comments here are retarded...

that happened to me too! my sister pledged the stairs and the landing and we didn't know first my dog fell, and he's older so we just thought he had fallen again but when me and the rest of my family started slipping we knew something was up.

VoGuE221 5

haha that must've hurt your ass like hell

meriadoc2 0

Hmm i hope you didnt yell at her! She was probably trying to be very nice. This isnt much if an fml

shnibz101 0
CyclonePsycho 1

Oh wow, that sucks. In an incredibly hilarious way. It's like this is out of a cartoon. xD FYL.

scince220 0

Not at FML... So you fell down some stairs! Big whoop! It's happened to all of us. Your life isn't ******...