Slippery

By Estranged Fiance - 26/12/2016 05:49 - United States

Today, my fiancé got impatient and passed a lady doing 15 mph under the speed limit. The lady was driving slowly in case the black ice in the other lane was in both. We spun out and drove right into a guard rail. I'd just filled the tank, so now I'm down $40 and need to pay for a rental too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 802
You deserved it 3 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You don't know how black ice works, do you? And the fact they hit a guard rail means they may be been on a bridge, bridges freeze faster than the roadway. Protip: if it's below freezing and has been wet and cold anytime in the past week, there can be black ice.

Comments

Whoa okay. Well since you've posted on FML, I assume you're hopefully doing well. Your fiancee needs a good talking to about how to about this. Not all drivers are experts. Some will piss you off but handling it that way was kind of stupid and reckless. She could have ended your lives depending on how bad the ice was. Driving off or speeding off out of lack of patience isn't good at all. She needs to learn to control that. I've seen and heard of many accidents occurring due to impatient drivers and their last minute reckless decisions.

Talis99 26

Sounds like your dumbass fiancé ought to pay. Unless that estranged business is genuine.

cootiequeen4444 11

I'm wondering if there is a story behind "estranged fiance"? Did you guys get in a fight after the accident or something. Also don't understand why you are paying for a rental when it should be your fiance paying? If your fiance can't afford to pay they should have never been driving your car to begin. If they are refusing to pay because of something petty like the hypothetical argument, that's just an excuse to ditch responsibility and should be a red flag... People can't do something dumb and expect people to be okay with it. Though if there was an argument, I don't know how volatile it was so for all.i knew you got over the top and it was a red flag to them. I know you never mentioned it but due to your FML handle and the FML itself, I would find it hard to believe there was no argument, hence me taking that into consideration. In the end though, if things go kaput and you want compensation from your fiance, it depends on your state and it's laws. as some state automatically attach the drivers insurance to the car but most of the time the car is attached to the owners insurance. and you can't claim it was stolen without your permission as you were in the car at the time of the accident. I think (though I fully admit I'm a paranoid person) whenever someone let's someone else drive a car, doesn't matter who, there needs to be some recorded (verbal) or written contract regarding that it must be returned in same color comdition and if not then the borrower must pay up unless you say otherwise..initially, people will give you a hard time but with this incident under your belt, I'd say you have a good reason to this and explaining as such would shut most people up. This includes any close relationships as it is important in a relationship to respect your partnets shit so things such as driving aggressively/recklessly should be an obvious no go...

This is why men don't get the Safe Driving Bonus Check from Allstate.

TheyCallMeDamien 17