By WendigogoAway - 15/08/2016 09:46 - United States - Toledo

Today, I woke up at 5 a.m. to the sound of my cat knocking things over. It wasn't until my boyfriend sat upright and checked, that I realized it actually wasn't our cat, but my boyfriend's crazy ex-girlfriend trying to get into our second-story window. This isn't the first time she's done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 723
You deserved it 1 030

WendigogoAway tells us more.

OP here (I made this account after submitting this, I didn't think it would get accepted.) Basically after her constantly cheating on him, claiming he was abusive despite her being physically abusive to him, and lying all the time, he'd had enough and threw her out since she decided to keep going back and forth between him and another guy. (And she had the balls to claim she was pregnant with his kid, even though she was on birth control). She'd left a ton of her stuff, and even though he'd texted her/called her to tell her that if she didn't pick it up he'd throw it all out, she never replied or made any indication that she was going to pick it up. Suddenly she thinks it's a good idea to come at over at random times, climb the side of the house, and try to get in the window, saying she needs to get in the garage and get some old stuff. (I have no idea why, because there's literally nothing in there that is worth this much trouble.) The reason why she climbs the side of the house is because my boyfriend and I both live with his dad by paying rent and just living upstairs. His dad doesn't want her around the house anymore because of their previous arguments, which made the environment depressing, and the fact that she put a hole in the wall before. This was the last straw, she hadn't come around for months and after shooing her away this time, we're going to take legal action if it happens again. Neither of us knew how to properly react since it was so early in the morning that we just wanted to get some sleep. (I couldn't manage to fall asleep until at least 9AM)

Top comments

Call the police and get a restraining order.

Call the cops and have them come out. If you haven't done so already. That way there is a record of her harassing you and trying to break in. I also suggest getting a restraining order against her. It may deter her some.

Comments

Call the police and get a restraining order.

Restraining orders don't stop crazy people. And they won't put someone like that in jail until you can really prove there is a credible threat (which this isn't, yet). And because of budget cuts and overcrowded prisons, even that chance is low.

Lizzy500 16

Get a weapon and a restraining order. When you use the former, the latter helps prove self defense.

Call the cops and have them come out. If you haven't done so already. That way there is a record of her harassing you and trying to break in. I also suggest getting a restraining order against her. It may deter her some.

How does one get to a point where they decide breaking into an ex's home is acceptable in any way? I think it might be time for a restraining order.

TabooSushi 24

It's called being 100% Cuckoo-Bonkers.

Setup "Home Alone" style booby traps before you go to sleep.

just make sure you dont have to uae the bathroom at night

Restraining order. Also, follow up with what happened :D

I hope you follow up with what you did to stop her because already the fact that she's tried to break in once is bad, but multiple times is very serious and you need to take police action before she tries something more severe.

If she does it again, shove her back out and tell the police you were defending yourself. It's not totally untrue.

Man, I had told myself if she came back I was "totally gonna punch her in the gabber". She must have heard me since she surprised us both at such an early time. (Seriously though who am I kidding, I screamed the first time I saw her, and this time I just held my cat wondering why I was awake at this time)

this might sound crazy, but pull a gun, scare her away, even a knife would work!

Your name definitely tells what I would feel if that happened to me...get a restraining order and some bitch repellent