Signs

By Anonymous - 10/04/2021 23:00

Today, it's been a year since I moved 200 km across the country to be closer to my boyfriend of 5 years and his kids. I got the keys to my flat and 3 days later the pandemic was a fact. Shouldn’t have ignored that sign. I’m single now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 825
You deserved it 130

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don’t beat yourself up about this. Practically no one expected the Pandemic. And nobody expected the personal and financial toll it would have on all of us. Read FML, read Dear Abby or whatever - Everyone is impacted by the pandemic.

Umm was he married? This makes zero sense

Comments

Don’t beat yourself up about this. Practically no one expected the Pandemic. And nobody expected the personal and financial toll it would have on all of us. Read FML, read Dear Abby or whatever - Everyone is impacted by the pandemic.

How small is your country that you only had to drive 200km? At least you didn’t have to drive 2000km.

“Across the country,” means something different in the USA than in most places. In the USA we still call the farmland “country area,”.

Dirtysalamander1 13

yes but op may not be from the usa as the term flat is a common European term. we say apartment or studio.

KristyRoseTakeMeHome 12

We still call rural areas "the country" here in the US, but the phrase "across the country" usually entails a significant portion of the width or length of nation as a whole in US usage.

mando 10

**** this pandemic and everything about it. It's time for life to move on.

Umm was he married? This makes zero sense

DrSamba1 8

He may have been married at one time. He has kids. OP said nothing about a wife.

KristyRoseTakeMeHome 12

200 km? That's not that far. I drive more than that daily. Hell, I live farther from work than that (over 270 km with current road closures).