Sigma mindset

By Username - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was pulled over for speeding and was shocked that the cop asked me out. Before I could respond, he noticed my wedding ring, said "Nevermind" and then gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 890
You deserved it 5 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Today, I broke the law and now I have to pay for it. FML" Nope, no sympathy here.

So a cop is misusing his authority. Welcome to America

Comments

perdix 29

Looks like you are complaining about not getting to say yes to the cop's invitation. It's not worth it to cheat on your husband just to avoid the fine, but when it comes to keeping your insurance rates low, you really ought to ***** it up good!

you could easily take that to court and claim harassment for him asking you out. Chances are the policeman will go on suspension and your charge will be dropped.

insanegoldfish 4

That's what I would have done...that's so messed up that the cop did that.

and the badge number is on the ticket. simple to complain. Just don't make it about the ticket, make it just the appalling nature of the cop. YDI for the ticket.

miss_cougar 0

To all those who say the cops just did his job, do you think he was also right to ask her out ? Which means she would not have a ticket then ! And op never said she was about to cheat on her husband, she said she was shocked he asked her out !

mattitucklove01 0

what a stupid jerk that cop was, no self-respect , trust me your better off with the ticket ! at you can pay for your ticket , god only knows what that cop really wanted! and how he would he made it even !

actually i think its more that the cop just wanted to get a date and if OP were not married then the cop would not have ticketed them. thus, the fml is about how corrupted the police are

wtfsnickers 1

Come on OP, you know you would've said yes to avoid that ticket.

Thats what you call a professional asshole