Sigma mindset

By Username - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was pulled over for speeding and was shocked that the cop asked me out. Before I could respond, he noticed my wedding ring, said "Nevermind" and then gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 890
You deserved it 5 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Today, I broke the law and now I have to pay for it. FML" Nope, no sympathy here.

So a cop is misusing his authority. Welcome to America

Comments

rrawrrrachel 0

haha. that's messed up you should have tried to cover it up!

oh just be flattered tht he considered going out with and stop complaining about having to pay for breaking the law

Aren't you high and mighty. "breaking the law". You probably litter, too.

Some of us make serious efforts to live our life in a way that doesn't force us to break the law everyday. And no I don't litter. Sometimes I do speed but when I do I realize that there's a consequence that I might have to pay. I don't speed all that often.

for once thats actually a GOOD FML. I got this app since it came out and I've watched as it turned from an entertaining app to an abused app that's used for stupid fakes in order to get more publicity or usin this an excuse to show off by including things like "my boyfriend" or "I had sex with..." in a pointless FML. but you didn't so I'm gonna rate your FML positive, my friend. :)

BosatKhanjar101 0

jerk what were you going to do Chet on ur spouse? waaaw no ur life doesn't suck actually and u obviously don't know the value of marriage vows

What a dick. There's this magical thing called the "Rule of Law"- the law applies equally to everyone. I think it's pretty obvious that the cop broke that. So the guy who gave her a ticket was just about to not give her one because he thought he might get some kind of sexual advance...making his actions at least as legally and ethically bad as the OP's speeding.

Because speeding is "unethical". The cop in this situation did more wrong than her (unless she was going at least 10 over...the limit is there for you to drive within reason...every cop knows that too unless they have a stick up their a**)

fight the ticket in court, say the officer pulled you over to misuse his authority to ask you out, but gave you a bunk speeding ticket when he saw your wedding ring,then slap him with sexual harassment charges....problem solved. just don't speed anymore, you nitwit!

miss_cougar 0

she said she was "shocked" ! I think we can imagine she wouldn't have said yes...

yeah, I disagree... she was probably "shocked" because, I mean, shouldn't a cop have enough dignity and professionalism to not use his status to hook up with the women he pulls over? I'm 100% sure that's not the first time he tried that angle... "I need your license, registration, proof of insurance, and your digits..." What a freaking loser.

To me she is not complaining about getting a ticket, but the fact that a cop asked her out without meeting her before, and was considering letting her go if she dated him. She is saying FML because society has driven this man to this.