Shut up!

By Beepbeepbeep - 01/09/2011 02:50 - United States

Today, I lost power. That didn't stop my house alarm from running on battery, loudly informing me in a British accent, "AC power disconnected. BEEP. AC power disconnected. BEEP." It's been going on for 5 hours and the battery takes a special screwdriver to remove. One we don't have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 292
You deserved it 4 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MrBoredGuy 1

Go buy the right screwdriver? Wouldn't take anyone else 5 hours to figure that out

Comments

I quick 'trip' down a flight of stairs may in fact, solve all of your problems, kinda like it solved OJ's.

fthislyfe 22

Could be worse... It could be saying "Sum Ting Wong! *beep Sum Ting Wong! *beep*"

That's better than having a ghetto alarm that says " yo fool, we comin' to empty yo crib" every 1 minute.

You're confusing an Australian accent with an American trying to imitate an Australian accent.

There is no such thing as a British accent.

jellitonoctopus 19

94- are you being serious right now?

'Course they're being serious - there's a scouse accent, a southern accent, a geordie accent, a cockney accent, a scottish accent, etc, etc, etc. "British accent" makes no sense at all.

DinosaursAreCool_fml 8

Turn the volume down? On mine I can, try it on yours.

Don't even focus on Scouse, Geordie, Cockney, etc. There's English. Scottish. Welsh. Irish.

fthislyfe 22

They might have slight differences, but to an American speaking person, they all sound the same! So they call them all "British accent"

leadman1989 15

No you're in fact not awesome you're making us look bad. I speak "American" and I have no trouble telling them apart. That's like saying someone with a heavy southern accent and someone with a heavy jersey accent sound the same. THEY DON'T!

tjv3 10

I would buy the freaking screw driver or snip the battery leads

127 and 129 are indeed correct. Going by the same concept that there is not a "British accent" and only sub-accents, we can also say there is no "American accent" and we would just say instead that I have a Minnesotan accent. All in all, other than wanting to take the time to write these paragraphs pointing out the mistakes in your theory, I honestly don't give a shit about the matter. :)

superfluousfrog 6

There are many different british accents. There are also many different types of bird. If I point at a duck and call it a bird, am I wrong?

Georgieeporgiee 9

It's like saying all Americans have an American accent.

katiedoll6 7

Headphones loud music= solution for many things.

Also will allow you to get robbed because you have such a powerful subwoofer and/or pair of headphones you can't hear the tv getting dragged down the stairs. Just saying.

25, there's no subwoofer in headphones, and op said the power's out.

ImFrackinBored 13
bizarre_ftw 21

Be careful! She could have PTSD.... Oh. Crap. She just killed the cat >.<

MrBoredGuy 1

Go buy the right screwdriver? Wouldn't take anyone else 5 hours to figure that out

julz1115 0

My thoughts exactly! Or...since your phone is obviously working call the security system company..? They probably have some kind of manual over ride.

If the power is out maybe he can't open the garage to get his car.

DigitalFusion 4

Yes, because it is impossible to open a garage door without power. Moron. There is absolutely no way to disengage the clutch and manually open it.... Oh wait, you could do exactly that.

Just run to the store and get a screwdriver

spazzy910 0

If it's a special screwdriver maybe it's not at the store… Just guessing

Imagine if the alarm's only accent was Gilbert Gottfried? *shudders violently*

EnEl_Infierno 15

#46 fu*k that I would taken a shot gun to that shit after 2 mins, or if was fran from the show nanny.

3yellowzebras 19

I'm guessing the accent would be English, Queens English?

Fran is awesome!! :( I love her voice, honestly...

Sulphuric_Glue 16

#101 There are still many English accents. It pisses me off so much when ignorant Americans just say "British" accent. It especially pisses me off when people refer to the whole UK as "England".

bizarre_ftw 21

Everytime I see one of your comments I feel compelled to look at your picture!! It's insane!!!! (in a good way!) I just felt the world would colapse in a heap of flaming rubble if I didn't say that ^_^

64, you saved my life!! Thank you for that comment!!

PL0WW 20