Selfish

By Anon - 10/10/2011 15:24 - Canada

Today, my mom yelled at me because I refused to lend her money. The reason I won't lend her money? The last time I did, she and my dad went out and bought a Macbook and a new car instead of paying bills. Apparently, I'm being 'selfish' by keeping my own money and putting it towards university. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 006
You deserved it 2 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

a little ridiculous. time to put your foot down

xomaddixo 1

If you make this money now why go to university ?!

My parents expected me to pay for their retirement, medical, cats, etc., when they burned through their own money. And they sacrificed very little for themselves growing up. Some people will always be bums and losers - even if you are related to them.

FunnierOnPaper 9

So sorry, OP. She sounds like my mom who would tell me "Family does things like this for each other because they're family." Before I moved out at 22, I was paying her condo assessments, the telephone, and she was about to ask me to pay the electric. Had she actually paid attention and budgeted her money, she would've had $200/month for food and clothing, which was pretty good in 1998. She was just trying to keep me in her house for the rest of her life.

Anything you do, don't listen to them. if you save your money for a university, you'll be able to pay the bills and buy yourself a macbook and a mercedes!

hateevryone 14

why is she not making her own money?

Whitewall_fml 2

You must've lent her a ton of money for her to be able to buy a MacBook and a new car.

Devoo 7

Um, that's like over $15,000 you lent them right?

98 is correct in every way. When you have a child, it is your choice not the choice of the child. You cannot expect them to pay you back.

Jammy01jams 2

This is why I always say, sometime parents don't always know best. Smart thinking OP just keep ignoring her. Maybe give her a little so she won't kick you out or something smart like your mom might think of doing.