By radioactiveglowinthedarkthing - 10/10/2011 19:06 - United Kingdom

Today, I took my friend with me for a radiology scan. While I was getting injections, my friend muttered, "On the bright side, if you die, you'll glow in the dark at the funeral." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 162
You deserved it 3 585

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iwabo 9

bright side: there's a chance you become a super hero.

Well it will be bright if you'll be glowing... Get it? Bright side? :P

Comments

iwabo 9

bright side: there's a chance you become a super hero.

LiveLaughFML 10

that's the kind of friend who wouldn't bail you out of jail but instead be sitting next to you in the cell :-)

XxREXxX 0

yeah, the human glow stick! fighting crime in gotham city!

That was batman... Glow stick girl came from Rave City...

IronMaiden45 0
XxREXxX 0

oops your right, dont worry im making a comic book right now

XxREXxX 0

oh and the human glow stick nemesis is slim shady

Mean_Mr_Mustard 9

21- Actually, that's the type of friend who would do something illegal and try to pressure you into doing it too. When you refuse, they do it anyway. Later when the cops show up they bail leaving you to take the fall and still not not bail you out of jail.

True friends are overrated... They're only there for you and whatnot

Mean_Mr_Mustard 9

67- You really think a loyal friend would tell you while your having radioactive material jammed in your arm that at least if you die you will glow in the dark at your funeral? If he was the guy who would be in jail with you then he would be sitting right next to you saying shoot me up too, you die I die we are in this together, man. I would appreciate that over at least you will glow in the dark at your funeral.

bfsd42 20

Wow. Wow. Wow. This is considered an fml and you are all backing op???? Why is it an fml? Be realistic people. Op can't take a joke. It's an fml for op's friend cos her friend can't take a joke. Shame on all of you.

74- I would give my life for my best friend and I would say something like this. He'd more than likely laugh. If not he would at least expect something like that from me.

Sometimes, laughter really is the best medicine. I wonder if OP's friend was trying to cheer him up? Or he was nervous and didn't know what to say. Probably a combination of the two. My close friends joke about my illness with me sometimes...it helps, on those days you either laugh or you cry. I'll choose laughter practically every time...

On the dark side, beauty will never be a light-switch away for OP. :(

Mean_Mr_Mustard 9

I understand what OP's friend was trying to do, but if you're going to make a joke like that wait until after the thing that could potentially kill him/her has finished being inserted into his/her body. Take him/her out to lunch that way the atmosphere would be lighter and the joke will be more easily perceived verses in the doctors office where the mood is somber and the wound is still fresh. Obviously OP didn't take the attempt of a joke well otherwise it wouldn't be an FML.

95- you take jokes way too seriously, If the OP had a friend who told them that then I would think they didn't take offense but instead laughed, and posting it here is being sarcastic

plus I would love a friend who would try to make me laugh, when I have to go though something like that

On the bright side, if you live long enough you can kick your friend in the privates

Maybe if YOU are lucky, you'll live long enough to gain some intelligence.

Wait, number 3 get some intelligence? When your the one who can't recognize a joke cause you take everything so literally? Okay there, get real moron

saIty 17

Or you'll get superpowers. If you're lucky x-ray vision. *wink*wink* *nudge*nudge*

Ha, the *wink*wink* and *nudge*nudge* made it that much better

bfsd42 20
Llama_Face89 33

If I have to go out...at least I'll be remembered... Liam of the Glowing Corpse. Kinda catchy.

Llama_Face89 33

15- that would be my name, yes.

saIty 17

I may have posted this on the old board, chow if necessary. FRIENDS: Never ask for anything to eat or drink. BEST FRIENDS: Helps themselves and are the reason why you have no food. FRIENDS: Call your parents by Mr. and Mrs. and Grandpa, by Grandpa. BEST FRIENDS: Call your parents DAD and MOM and Grandpa, GRAMPS! FRIENDS: Would bail you out of jail. BEST FRIENDS: Would be sitting next to you sayin "DAMN!" we ****** up! FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry. BEST FRIENDS: Wont tell everyone else you cried...just laugh about it with you in private when you're not down anymore. FRIENDS: Asks you to write down your number. BEST FRIENDS: Has you on speed dial. FRIENDS: Borrows your stuff for a few days then gives it back. BEST FRIENDS: Loses your shit and tells you, "My bad...here's a tissue." FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing. BEST FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds ass that left you FRIENDS: Would knock on your front door. BEST FRIENDS: Walk right in and say "I'M HOME." FRIENDS: Will be there to take your drink away from you when they think you've had enough. BEST FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place & say "Bitch drink the rest of that ! You know we don't waste!

Ferretface 13

25- I would thumb you down, but you're comment is too long...

perdix 29

"On the bright side, if I die, I'll be free from your inane prattle until you join me in hell."

You never cease to amaze me with your comments.

I wouldn't mind a glow in the dark funeral....

megapeyt 17

Hey no need for a night lamp!