Scammed

By Anonymous - 13/05/2012 22:00 - Canada - Aldergrove

Today, after a little detective work, I found out the money that recently went missing from my college fund was transferred by my mother, to her own account. She claims it's to pay a parking ticket. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I didn't know they fined people over $3,500 for a parking violation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 393
You deserved it 2 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stuner56 22

She parked on another car maybe?

What ever you do.....do not say Happy Mother's Day to this bitch!

Comments

I'm curious as to why she took it. Unless she's unemployed, she doesn't have a very good reason to take $3,500 of HIS college fund.

I had similar happen to me. When I was a kid my mom opened a joint bank account for me. Any money I received as a present for holidays or birthdays or made in jobs baby sitting as I got older went in it. Since it was a joint account my mom could just take money out of it whenever she wanted. None of it was hers. I was too young to be able to get her name taken off. It got to the point where if I had a job where the paycheck was direct deposit she had it put into her bank account and she "transferred" it over. As soon as I moved out I opened up my own bank account without her attached to it, in another town that was a different bank with no branches in the town she lives in. I also no longer speak to her, for many reasons besides this one.

rlTlk 13

Same for me my mom spent all my money just cuz she had her name in the account

Eh, 3500 will barely cover one class anyway. Jk

Rakestwin1 0

Yet, another one. Figure it out on your own. Stop depending on someone else to pay for your college. There are so many avenues to take in order to pay for your college. Grow up and take charge. Stop relying on mommy and daddy and you will truly understand the accomplishment.

Yeah, but college is so damn expensive these days, up to the tens of thousands. Financial help from parents do help a bit. You try to raise thousands of dollars during today's economic situation. I can honestly bet that you went to college before the economy tanked in 2008.

Damn what is she smokking pass it to me

iloveweed69 7

I would probably be pissed. Mostly because, who care whose money it is ? If it's strictly the parents' money : If the kid has been told "there is a fund with X for college" and makes plans with that in mind all his/her life, only to wake up and "Woops, no money left" with no warning whatsoever, then it sucks. Sure, it's the parents money, but then either shut up about the fund, or tell your kid "I'm sorry, the car broke down, we had to do X" or "I'm sorry, we needed X to pay for Y" . This way your kid is prepared and can start saving up in advance! If it's your money (birthdays, gifts, babysitting and so on: I would be pissed, period. And would be out of there as soon as possible unless said parents showed remorse and an effort to repay me.

gusjuanillo 2

That's so messed up. She needs to get a reality check.! ASAP

rlTlk 13

Parents pulled the same shit in me I put everything I ever got into that including a hefty inheritance from a close aunt too. Cuz this They offer to pay for my school tell me they changed their mind mid year, too late for refunds left me with the debt said I owe them what they paid. Then I found out they got it all back from the gov assistance anyways.

If you are younger then 18 and/or not in college then you can't complain if they take the money from it, since they are the ones who put it in. My mother had to take both mine and my brother's college funds when she was having finacial problems, but she is trying to pay it back slowly. If you are older then 18 and/or in college then why is she have access to your account?