Salty

By heartsick - 04/04/2012 05:43 - United States - Davenport

Today, depressed about a recent break-up with my long-term boyfriend, I bought a book about moving on after a relationship ends. The cashier placed some standard promotional fliers in my bag during check-out. Once home, I pulled out the fliers. They were for a married couples retreat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 664
You deserved it 3 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You, sir, can go **** yourself. Signed, people who have hearts.

Comments

"Married couples retreat..." *unfolds rest of flyer* "...for unhappy married couples who want to swing. Singles welcome! Free ice cream and hugs" Well, isn't it your lucky day?!?!?

Birdie_Sage 0

How can a person get "heartsick"... You're not emotionally strong, are you? Wow, move on. You don't need a book to remind yourself about how unlucky you are. Go to a club or something, because you're ex probably did the same.

wildsweetchild 19

The fact that you never felt heartsick doesn't mean others didn't feel it too. Maybe you've never truly loved or been heartbroken. Different people deal with things differently. Not everybody enjoys clubs.

But admit that buying a book looks a lot like burrying yourself a tat deeper, no? When I was heartbroken, I remember going for long runs with my friend and ignore everything about my ex. I was kicking ass again in a month.

I would like to point out what 22 worded perfectly, "different people deal with things differently", 37. OH LOOK, that's how YOU, as a different person from OP, deals with things differently! Thanks for the example.

I don't see what the big deal is right here. Not as if it was a personal attack by the cashier. It is just a random advertisement which you can just chuck aside. Sure, there is the irony and pain of the memories... But it wasn't as if the flyer was saying, "haha you broke up with your looooong time one-in-a-million boyfriend. Guess you wouldn't be needing this now, would you?" just move along

Ohhhh...ouch. While I'm sure the cashier was only doing their job, they should have at least paid attention to the purchase and decided against adding the fliers. That's just really rotten luck, darling.

This is nothing more than slightly unfortunate timing. I feel bad for you, but not really a fml.

Is it bad that the ad on my app said "filing for divorce? Click to call!"?

People expect too much from cashiers these days. Do you really want them to check everything carefully and then react (after guessing what you've been through and how you are feeling)? Mmmz. Just don't bother :)