Run, run now

By SoakingWet - 23/01/2023 03:30

Today, my wife of one week changed locks of the house and put my stuff outside. A letter addressed to “Elizabeth” had arrived in the mail. She thinks it’s my “secret side wife” and that I’m cheating. She was actually the previous owner of the house. My wife told me to, “Tell that lie to someone else.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 274
You deserved it 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One week huh? Not too late for an annulment…

Do you really want to be married to someone like that anyway?

Comments

One week huh? Not too late for an annulment…

Do you really want to be married to someone like that anyway?

Divorce. Meanwhile, call the police to get back in your home.

Run like the wind. If this is how she is once she thinks she’s got you trapped it can only get worse.

oldbroad1956 4

Agreed, she just showed you what a bullet you were missing.

My ex-wife was like that. I was engaged to her and a woman prank-called my phone and pretended to be my girlfriend. Annoying enough if I answered it - really bad when she did. Then my cousin called back and admitted it was a prank, and she STILL didn’t accept it at first. Should have followed the advice I’m about to give - end that relationship.

Just calmly explain to your wife that you got a huge discount on the house price because you gave it to Elizabeth so good. It was just a business transaction, that's all.

Not only is she showing a massive amount of toxicity, she's not bright enough to understand that people lived in the house before she did. Run.

If you've cheated before, her reaction makes a lot more sense. Or if you lied.

Dump her ass. Surely she can check out your story without this massive overreaction. It will only get worse.

If your wife immediately jumps to that conclusion she's probably the one cheating or just looking for an out.