Run, run away pronto

By Anonymous - 22/01/2021 08:01

Today, my fiancé yelled at me after I got off the phone with my friends, because I said I hadn't felt this happy and hadn't laughed this much in a long time. He was also mad that I didn't cook him dinner. He didn't ask me to cook dinner for him. He then told me to go somewhere else if I'm not happy with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 211
You deserved it 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

in my non professional opinion I think you should see this as a red flag and sign of things to come. I also think that you should keep an eye out for things like this in the future while you consider his very kind offer.

Comments

Run far and fast. Leave that loser, my moms bf treats her like that and I hate his guts. Wish she would’ve left him years ago. Sounds like he’s jealous of you being happy, and that’s not good. Then he expects you to cook for him as if it’s your job. Then give you an ultimatum, that’s three strikes right there

Get out! Get out now! Run! This is not a red flag. This is a nuclear attack warning siren. This is not a drill. Run like your life depends on it!

samomaha 17

He just let you see the start of things, and it will worsen over time. Please begin arrangements to leave as soon as possible. A friend married a guy who was that way when they were dating. Eventually, she ended up being locked INTO the house every day when he left for work, no phone, no computer, no internet, etc. It took a long time for her to build up courage to go, as he knocked it down all the time and threatened her life. But she finally threw a chair through a window and escaped with her kids and the clothes on her back.

geniusness 6

If there was a Sheldon Cooper Fun with Flags episode on red flags and how to identify them, this post would be featured.

poodlesoup 3

luckily you aren't married yet. if I were in your shoes, not only would I keep it that way, but take it a step further and find a safe way out of the relationship all together. I can tell you you're worth it and deserve so much better until I'm blue in the face, but it has to be you that's ready to move forward into your own self worth and value, if you did indeed want a better situation for yourself.

Then go somewhere else. You'll probably be better off.