Rookie mistake

By no selfie for me - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Pasadena

Today, I was at the park unsuccessfully trying to take a selfie. A stranger walked up to me and offered to take the picture for me. I agreed and gave him my phone. He took it and ran off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 259
You deserved it 59 926

Top comments

And that's why you can't trust everyone you meet.

I don't trust anyone with my phone...let alone, a complete stranger. What were you thinking?

Comments

WrongRomance 11

OP... Strangers are danger, you know.

buckley91 9

Maybe you should have handed him your purse too. Can't have something like that ruining such an important picture.

Shortay123 14

Amen. I don't see why anyone would so desperately need a "selfie" picture.

Unsuccessfully? How difficult is it to take a picture of yourself?

And why would you need to take a picture of yourself? Unless you're doing something awesome like climbing Everest. A day at the park is no cause for a "selfie".

For some, it's quite hard to take a selfie because; crappy camera, ugly face, too bright, too dark, annoying shitheads who like messing up pictures, you never know!

Or that you can never line the lens with your face just right *experience*.

Is it me or does the word selfie sound like someone "having some selfie time"

why give your phone to a total stranger? you never know what they'll do...

StarThrower 17

Bless your sweet trusting heart. No worries, iPhone 6 will come out soon enough, and you can get an older iPhone with the selfie-taking feature for cheap! ^_^

buckley91 9

"But hey, it was only 99 cents!!"

dontpanic_fml 32

Isn't said app a camera? That comes on all iPhones?

No, they ran home and posted it on FML, because that makes it all better!

Rahii_nami 10

bitch...... such a cheap person......... :/

FMLs similar to this are posted ALL the time. Why don't you guys learn?

Sounds like that fountain scene from "National Lampoon's European Vacation". :P I've asked people to take a picture a for me (with a group) and also was asked by total strangers if I could take a picture for them too. Nothing bad ever came of it. The OP doesn't deserve it! That thief had a hidden agenda. Too bad you didn't chase him down and kick his ass like Alicia Silverstone did in that Aerosmith "Cryin" video!