Rookie mistake

By no selfie for me - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Pasadena

Today, I was at the park unsuccessfully trying to take a selfie. A stranger walked up to me and offered to take the picture for me. I agreed and gave him my phone. He took it and ran off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 259
You deserved it 59 926

Top comments

And that's why you can't trust everyone you meet.

I don't trust anyone with my phone...let alone, a complete stranger. What were you thinking?

Comments

Why would you hand someone who you do not know something worth hundreds of dollars with a bunch of private information? I would worry about him finding out where I live.

that sucks but definitely deserved, should never give a stranger your valuables. also, you were trying to take a selfie.. really?

You deserved it! Never trust strangers this day in age.

I have never heard the term 'selfie' before but I hate it....kind of want to vote YDI just because of that....

dixiefoxx 22

I have.. My cousin, who's pretty popular at her school said that she wanted to take a "selfie" with my iPad and then, she uploaded it to Facebook with the caption being "Saturday night selfie!" and all I could think is "...really?" I don't like it either, it's kind of obnoxious.

Same thing happened to me, but he was just playing and then gave it back c:

The_Honey_Badger 17

That kind of sucks, OP, but were you actually having trouble taking a picture of yourself, or were you not getting one you liked?

He was saving you from the duck pose. Be thankful OP.

I have a rule about not trusting anyone with my things, especially strangers. Ydi for giving valuables to random people.