Rewind time

By supersmashpika - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Hershey

Today, while walking down the street, a truck hit a puddle and splashed me with water. After I cursed and flipped him off, he put his truck in reverse and splashed me again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 663
You deserved it 9 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In the uk - not sure about America - splashing a pedestrian with water is classed as an accident. If you go to the police station and report him he can be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. Might be a little karma for him if there are similar laws near you?

Comments

Hopefully this is gonna get bk to him one day

That really sucks but i kinda laughed a bit picturing it in my head.

Unless you had reason to believe they deliberately drove through the puddle and they had plenty of room to swerve around it, yelling at them was uncalled for.

If the driver was paying attention to his surroundings like he should have been, he would have noticed the puddle and pedestrian and slowed down/moved over a touch to at least try to lessen the splash. So he is either a horrible driver who doesn't pay attention or is just an ass.

Even if you're paying attention and driving under the speed limit, sometimes there's still no time or room to avoid driving through a puddle. Source: I live in a rainy area.

"Try to at least lessen the splash"

You should have thrown a rock, or perhaps moved from the damn puddle.

I'd say your life sucks, but being an ass back to him? Didn't exactly do yourself any favors...

I totally agree. OP should have moved. Cars/Trucks don't always know how big their splash is going to be or to expect puddles in the road. But as a pedestrian? You know there's a puddle. You know there is traffic going much faster than you.... anticipate and move? That's what I do. I've only been splashed a few times in my life. Never did I think "You damn driver you!".... I was like "Okay, car going at x miles per hour on a puddle that big makes y splash, next time walk there if puddle exists"

I think it was more he came back to splash again. OP was probably in shock from the first splash if it was big enough

That's why you don't flip people off

IssacB 14

Everyone knows that you're supposed to talk trash when the other person can't see or hear you

I'm not sure what the laws are where you are but that is illegal here and the driver can get a huge fine.