Reverse Uno card

By BlackCheetah101 - 04/11/2009 06:51 - Australia

Today, I had a blind date that my friend set me up for. My date was the ugliest, most disgusting person you will ever meet, but I thought that I would give him a chance. He saw me, eyed me up and down, then said to my friend, "You're kidding, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 469
You deserved it 9 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he meant it in a positive way, like because he thought you were way out of his league and that there was no way you'd go for him.

Just goes to show beggars can be choosers after all, guess you didn't get chosen. xD

Comments

So you're allowed to think he's the 'ugliest, most disgusting person you will ever meet' but he's supposed to think you're a goddess? Way to be narcissistic

Okay, first of all, the girl still gave him a chance. And she didn't call him ugly to his face. The OP definitely has the moral high ground here.

It was rude of him to say that, I'll agree, but I think it was stupid of her to post this FML, as if she's the biggest catch in the world, and this disgusting, lame guy DARED to act as if she was beneath him.

You shouldn't assume that OP has the "moral high ground" as these FMLs only tell one side of the tale. as far as anybody knows, the guy could've figured out OP's shallowness by her body language.

I think that what the OP was saying is he was ugly, but she never said that to his face, it was just her inital thought. After talking to someone for a while if they are incredibly nice then you tend to change your mind and think that they may be more average looking rather than ugly. But if the person is a complete jerk then you tend to think of them as ugly. Also, the OP said that he was disgusting, we don't know if she meant disgusting as in the way he looked or maybe something he was doing. For all we know he could have had food stains all over his shirt. We just don't know.

justmyluck1212 0

Man ugly guys give me the creeps

XaosZaleski 0

Shallow much? Who cares if the guy isn't what you were looking for. That's why it was a date. Somewhere down the road, he'll be happy, while you sit at home with your cats because you couldn't find the 'most handsomest, sexy looking' guy in the world. It's alright to have standards, just don't slander people in such a manner.

Kylias 6

Shallow? Having an opinion of someone's appearance isn't shallow, it's letting it influence your decision. She was giving him a chance despite his face, whereas he was plainly offended because of hers. Why is she the shallow one?

youthink_fml 0

She's just as shallow as he is. I'll bet she only "gave him a chance" because she got a free meal out of it.

The OP's initial reaction was shallow. But, she didn't say anything to him and was willing to try to get past that reaction. Truth is, upon meeting someone for the first time and not knowing anything about them, you have only their appearance to garner most of your initial impression. Appearance including stance, demeanor, facial expression etc. Why do you assume that he will someday be happy, whilst the OP will not? You know nothing about him except for the fact that the OP found him physically unattractive, and that he made a rude comment as his first words to her. He may be a completely horrible person for all you know. Meanwhile, she did nothing except acknowledge her gut reaction, but overlooked it in an attempt to get to know him. She might not have even felt so harshly if he was not so rude to her. There seems to be some notion floating about that women need only look towards men with unfortunate countenances to find caring souls and true love. I don't find any particular truth in this. Some of the most physically unattractive men I've met have also had the nastiest personalities. Granted, I tend to find myself more or less attracted to someone based on personality, but they're still objectively unattractive. Not that all are like this, I'm simply saying that I don't know if I believe that there is a higher ratio of good-hearted people amongst the homely than the beautiful. I've also known my share of really nice, genuine people who happen to be easy on the eyes. It's judgmental to assume much of anything about someone's personality based on their attractiveness.

Hamburgerz 0

I agree with you Sappheyes, and the fact that he said that in front of her knowing that she would be able to hear him just proves to me that he isn't a very nice person. Everyone seems to be forgetting that she tried to throw away her first impression and see if he was a nice person.

txgirl09 5

Wild he would say that. From what i've seen men have a tendency to go for girls so far out of their league as to be playing a different game.

greenfairy_fml 0

That's why you can't be nice to ugly men. All guys are assholes, so just stick to the hot ones.

perdix 29

Totally wrong, greenfairy! We ugly guys are not assholes. We give foot rubs and let you use our credit cards. All we want is a little attention from a pretty girl and maybe some help with the back waxes.

fxdxhk90 0

Anyone else think that greenfairy is probably ugly as hell?

This is why you can't let women have independence. All women are useless morons, so just keep them in the kitchen.

see i cant tell if your being sarcastic or not but that is the kind of guy i want and i might get in a few days but where are you from

put your friend on the show "disaster date" on MTV!

baby_love 0

it makes you desperate! you must be super ugly too for giving the "ugliest most disgusting guy you'll ever meet" a chance