Revenge is sweet

By Anonymous - 12/10/2013 22:03 - Iceland - Akranes

Today, my mom was acting really pissy, and I couldn't help but mutter that she must be on her period. Five hours later, I'm glued to the toilet with my phone, because she went all out for revenge and spiked my dinner with some hellishly potent kind of laxative. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 257
You deserved it 27 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

T9FTW 20

Welp, now you're both leaking.

You would think people would know better by now: don't ever accuse a woman being on her period; EVER.

Comments

Nobody has yet noted here that PMS stands for "Pre" Menstrual Syndrome, and that the severe moodiness is generally the week before the period. Although for some people, starting their period can be hella painful, so maybe people aren't mixing the two up after all. Still, invalidating someones emotions like that, and your own mom... she shouldn't have grabbed the laxatives, but if I were her you probably wouldn't have internet access or a phone right about now.

Alastrina_fml 20

Not saying what your mom did was ok, but NEVER joke about a woman's period. Implying that a gal is "just having her period" every time they get angry or moody is incredibly belittling and invalidates their emotions.

I'd say you deserved it. Sorry but that's a really stupid thing to say. Guy says that to me, he gets a swift kick in the balls.

catkat1988 17

I've noticed that the people who've stuck up for the kid here have been voted down, but I'm going to do it anyway: Sure, the comment was stupid, but purposely making your child sick by spiking their food is so far out of line that the line has disappeared from sight altogether. It doesn't matter why it was done. Parents have plenty of reasonable ways to teach their children right from wrong, but assault is not one of them, no matter how it's done. You can ground your kid without phone and internet privileges, but not poison their food. Absolutely not. Taking an overdose of laxatives is painful, and may actually cause damage - or render the victim susceptible to diseases, as it flushes the intestines and colon for healthy bacteria. I agree with everyone who said the OP shouldn't have told his mom she was on her period, but that really doesn't justify what the mother did in any way.

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

Not even gonna say how i would respond to that shit. Real mothers DONT do that to their children.

It is actually illegal to spike anyone's food with anything, including laxatives.

All of this is so ridiculous. That's not how moms should act.

That's a really nasty thing you mother did, but I'm sick of guys saying if a woman acts the least bit irrational, "Oh, must be her time of the month". If a someone said that to me I'd say, "Yeah, when I act like you do on every day of the month!"

Clog the toilet and leave the toilet seat up.