Pure evil

By PiaNO - 10/11/2009 21:41 - United Kingdom

Today, I was teaching a ten year old how to play piano. Halfway through the lesson, she made a minor mistake, which, trying to be a good tutor, I corrected her. She smiled up at me, paused, then slammed the key cover down onto my fingers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 337
You deserved it 3 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ten years old is plenty old enough to know that such an action would hurt someone's fingers. At this age, it's just scary and psychopathic behavior. If I were in your shoes, I would release this "client" from further lessons.

nonynony 0

What a brat! I used to teach lessons. Tell her parent to either discipline their ******* kid or forget coming back. Their choice. If they've let their kid get to age 10 with this kind of behavior, they should be ashamed. God I hate parents these days.

Comments

nori04 0

She is old enough to know better! Sounds like a sociopath

Peacemaker9 7

LOL Best one so far!!!!!!!! Should of smacked her behind the head in return, even though some smashed fingers would hurt alot more.......................

Yet another reason I will never have kids. They are terrors.

"Today, my fingers hurt for 10 minutes. FML" Really, that was weak. YDI for posting such a lame story.

If she SLAMMED it down, there is a good chance at least some of the OP's fingers got broken.

yeah i saw an episode of bones where this amish guy smashed his fingers that way so he couldn't play anymore.

should have clipped the little bitch 'round the ear. repeatedly.

perdix 29

Just because her artistic interpretation of that musical passage didn't happen to agree with your rigid, prejudiced concept of it doesn't mean you have the right to call it a "mistake" and humiliate her by "correcting" her. Therefore, YDI! Now you know why our kids are turning out so well these days.

OnTheSaneSide 0

Novice mistake could possibly mean "playing the wrong note(s)" or potentially not holding a note/rest it's due amount of time, in which case she should be instructed of the musically correct way to INTERPERET these specifities. As a new found player of piano, it is implied that the student is learning to play what music is given them as is, in order to become familiar with the dynamics of music (as opposed to coming up with their own interpretation). So you can pretty much stop pretending like you know more than everyone else =)

@ #26, I think you misunderstood, #20 was being sarcastic.

Dcvictorious 0

lol I think 26 wants people to know their new found talent :P

perdix 29

See, you kinda neglected the little sarcastic note at the end. In the first paragraph, I was taking the tone of one of those asshole parents who thinks their child can do no wrong and wonders why their kid ends up a morbidly obese cave dweller dependent on psychotropic drugs by age 11. In the second one, I make a remark that rejects that kind of thinking. Now that you get it, are you L'ing Y FAO? If not, here's one for you: YDI for being a *****!

I believe 20's comment is actually more satire than sarcasm because he is exaggerating something realistic. There are plenty of parents out there who truly believe that "humiliating their child" by correcting their mistakes or punishing them will "ruin their self-esteem;" therefore, their children must be allowed to do whatever they want.

IMB916 0

Do the same to the bitch next time

My cousin did something similar to me except I was trying to teach her some lacrosse moves and she hit me in my knee I got ACL surgery on with the lacrosse stick.