Public freakout

By Anonymous - 03/07/2022 18:00

Today, some guy punched me so hard I lost a tooth. I defended myself and broke his nose, so he started screaming for his mother. He turned out to be autistic, so witnesses, including the police, said I should have been more understanding of his disability after HE HIT ME AND TOOK MY FUCKING TOOTH OUT. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 468
You deserved it 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As an autistic person myself, I say that is no excuse! And if it was, why was he roaming free without supervision?

So the police are basically saying that because of his condition he should be allowed to get away with assault and you have no recourse to defend yourself. I can see that having ASD could be considered a mitigating circumstance in certain scenarios, but that is no excuse here. As someone on the spectrum myself, I say there need to be consequences.

Comments

As an autistic person myself, I say that is no excuse! And if it was, why was he roaming free without supervision?

Maybe you shouldn’t have asked if he needed help finding anything.

Goddamn it! You beat me to it! Now, I'm going to come up with something else.

So the police are basically saying that because of his condition he should be allowed to get away with assault and you have no recourse to defend yourself. I can see that having ASD could be considered a mitigating circumstance in certain scenarios, but that is no excuse here. As someone on the spectrum myself, I say there need to be consequences.

What kind of fancy-ass place do you live where the cops lecture you on sensitivity to disabilities? In most places, they just shoot people in mental health crises.

wysegirl 24

Yeah because you're supposed to know he's autistic right? Sorry this happened OP. people use everything as an excuse anymore

It seems to be the excuse for poor behavior these days. The guy should be better supervised if they even possibly pose a threat to someone. They’re also saying that serial killers were afflicted with ASD, which irks me because I have ASD and I don’t go out murdering or assaulting people. A large percentage of the population I can guarantee won’t do that but it’s that 1-5% that also have other issues and behavior issues that use it as an excuse for an insanity plea that gets them either off or a severely reduced sentence or into a mental health ward.

Yeah, autism is no excuse for assault. And he started crying for his mother? So she raised her autistic son to be a mama's boy with no discipline. Just what the world needs.

Because of my autism the judge was reluctant to have me raise my son by myself when I was going through a divorce, so my mom raised my son with me, but he was more of a grandma’s boy until I sat him down and asked him what he wanted out of life and told him he needs to take responsibility for his actions. He has autism like me and is also a bit more higher functioning than me.