Proud dad

By Sandra - 21/01/2021 11:01

Today, my husband, who is proud of his 155 IQ, is depressed our son is becoming a typical football jock with an IQ only just into the triple digits. He even thinks I must have had an affair, because no way could someone as smart as him have produced such a blockhead with tattoos. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 329
You deserved it 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For an IQ of 155, your husband doesn't sound very smart lol. Just goes to show IQ doesn't mean shit

I'd re-check his IQ score. If he thinks tattoos are hereditary, he's a dumb-ass!

Comments

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's NOT his IQ, which makes me think he's not a super high IQ in general for making that up. He'd be one of the smartest on earth, considering Mensa is 132 or higher and is the top 2%. Steven Hawking has an IQ of 160. Plus, IQ isn't a great way to measure intelligence anyway, which most with really high IQs acknowledge.

This. MENSA are a joke, for starters, and everyone learns differently, and retains knowledge differently. I took their entry test a few years ago, and my IQ was measured at 187. I am certainly not that intelligent, but considering the test doesn't cover everything a human can learn, it's a pretty crappy method for measuring someone's intelligence.

The MENSA test depends on you thinking *the same way* as the test-taker. It's not a measure of intelligence; it's a measure of sameness.

Tell him to kick rocks. this is just another rendition of shitty father can't relate to his child so hes disappointed in them. does he have a good relationship with his dad? he smart apparently so ask him to do some research on how to be a good father or at the very least a decent human being.