Priorities

By natashamilan - 26/02/2015 01:43 - United States - Grand Rapids

Today, I was at a friend's birthday party when I got a call from my mom telling me to come home because my dog died. When I told my friend that I had to leave because of the loss, she replied with, "Okay, but you brought my gift inside, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 716
You deserved it 2 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe she didn't hear you right? If not then maybe you shouldn't be around such negative people, sorry for you loss

A real friend would comfort you and not be so selfish. Sorry for your loss OP.

Comments

Maybe she didn't hear you right? If not then maybe you shouldn't be around such negative people, sorry for you loss

Even if she didn't, she clearly seems more concerned about the gift than OP's presence to the party. That doesn't speak highly of her.

I think by the time it took to post this FML she would have been able to confirm with her friend "huh, did you hear what I just said mate"

gobiteme2 34

Priorities you have to have you’re priorities right. Sounds like a person that needs to be on the bottom of friend’s list.

YourOpinionSucks 22

I agree, you don't need to be around people like that. I'd have taken her gift back and got a refund (if it were a gift card, you can bet your ass I'd use it on myself)

A real friend would comfort you and not be so selfish. Sorry for your loss OP.

Auwtch xD however close friends can get away with that as a sarcastic comment

meli1195 31

I don't think they meant it as sarcastic, and if I had a close friend, I sure as hell wouldn't want them to make an insensitive joke at such a loss

I do not agree. My pets are my babies, and I would be really upset from a comment like that.. Especially from my close friends!

If a friend said something that insensitive to me, no matter how close they were to me, I'd throat punch them. No questions asked. Friends are suppose to be caring and supportive.

itcomesinthrees 10

Nope. Anyone who says something like that in that situation is a douche. Not the time to be sarcastic.

What an insensitive and coldhearted monster! I'm sorry for your loss OP! :(

Don't worry about it OP. Just shrug it off, save your energy for your family at this sad time :(

Yup. I would've pretended not to hear the remark and just head home. I wouldn't give a shit about their gift.

A07 48

'Don't you mean ex-friend' comments coming soon.

Console yourself slightly by keeping the gift, at least. So so sorry for your loss, don't waste your emotional energy thinking about that friend.

If I were you, I would've given, taking the gift home with me, a thought. Pets are family, some people just don't understand.

Fyl Op, should have said no and then maybe give her a gift when she isn't being so insensitive. That is if you still want to be friends with her.