Pretend it's snowing

By babypenguin00 - 29/08/2015 19:20 - United States - Newark

Today, marks the third girlfriend in a row that has broken up with me for my terrible dandruff. I can't control it as I was born with psoriasis. All three girls called me pathetic for "making up" a disease to try to get them to stay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 301
You deserved it 1 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DMA0712 22

If they aren't going to accept you just because of something you were born with, and then accuse you of lying about it, you're better off without them. Chin up OP, you'll find better.

Wizardo 33

If you see a dermatologist they can hopefully gibe you medicine to help control the condition. In the meantime, I recommend using Neutrogena T/Gel, they have a specific one that caters to helping with psoriasis!

Comments

OMG, you poor thing - What a horrid condition to have! My heart always breaks when I see people with acne, eczema and psoriasis - Suddenly problems like an annoying spot on my cheek, the little milk spots under my lower eyelid or my blotchy fake tan on my legs becomes very insignificant. I hope you bounce back from the negative comments soon and find a nice girlfriend who understands.

I think you're trying to be nice... but I think reminding OP of the severity of his condition and also reminding him that other people do not have the same problem was not a good way to go about it. You kind of inadvertently shoved in his face the fact that you have healthy skin and he doesn't.

I was trying to be nice...I was basically saying that all the little things that are bad about my skin don't have a stamp on a condition like the OP has and I should be lucky and not complain. I read and re-read what I wrote to make sure it sounded okay before posting, but I guess if people took offense and didn't pick up that I was sincere - I do apologise.

I used to have eczema, I tried all sorts of things but it was often so bad I was ashamed to show my legs, now it's much much better I do feel lucky! However like most people with skin conditions I didn't want to treated like poor lepers, they just want to be left to manage it themselves.

Oops sorry I clicked post before I'd finished! Anyway if I'd known people weren't going to be making 'oh poor you what's wrong with your legs, have you tried rubbing raw goat meat into them it worked for my aunt's ex-boyfriend' comments when I showed my skin I'd have been much happier.

I had terrible eczema until a few years ago, I tried everything and it was affecting every area of my life. It eventually cleared up by itself, but I still take very good care of my skin and proper moisturisation is a must. Avoid creams with sodium laureth sulphate, that can actually dry your skin out more.

No, I really did think you were trying to be nice. I just think you missed the mark by trying just a little too hard. That's all I was saying.

deleteme 22

Just searched it up on Google... I feel so bad for you now.. ;-;

I have the same disease, it sucks, but don't let those fcks get to you. Girls acting like that will meet their karma babe :)

Maybe it's a good thing they didn't stay. They all sound incredibly stupid. Keep your chin up, op. You'll find someone who deserves you.

thunderniron 22

FYL, for ignorant people. But you can control it. My wife has psoriasis and she uses a prescribed shampoo that stops it.

singlwforlife 22

I have psoriasis. Mine just developed a couple years ago though, right after my 20 birthday. The dandruff from it truly is a horrible thing. Those girls are just shallow, you deserve south better in your life!

Maybe start dating someone who also has psoriasis??

He shouldn't have to do that. He should be able to go out with whoever he wants.

No he shouldn't but maybe if he found someone who understood it themselves it would work better

I would understand if it caused a bad odor, even then theres always a fix, but over just dandruff? Who knows maybe it'll bite them in the ass one day.

i have the same thing op on my head aswell it horrible thing to have. there is no cure

Those girls sound pretty light anyway. If they don't know what psoriasis is, let alone can't even google it to find out, they're probably not worth your time.