Pleased to meet you

By Mr_Yato - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a girl in my class introduced herself to me for the fourth time this semester. Am I really that invisible? FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 912
You deserved it 1 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Or maybe you've been ignoring her and she's been introducing herself again and again because she likes you (and she's super shy to say anything else)? Just a possibility

Or does she just have a really bad memory?

Comments

This reminds me of my best friend. She has a condition called prosopagnosia. We've known each other since we were 4 and grew up together, but if I run into her unexpectedly and say hi, I have to tell her my name because she can't recognize me and will think I'm a stranger. If we make plans to meet up somewhere, I always have to look for her while she waits and be the one to approach her because she won't be able to pick my face out of the crowd. Prosopagnosia creates awkward moments and situations for her, but it hasn't caused any major problems in her life so far. Except for the time she went to a concert with her mom, who has prosopagnosia too. They got separated, so they both walked to a predesignated spot to go to and start calling each other. They have the same specific ringtone to listen for, but my friend's phone died before they could follow the sound and find each other. They spent almost 2 hours walking in circles within 10 feet of each other but didn't know it because she couldn't recognize her mom and her mom couldn't recognize her.

Maybe she's trying to get you to notice her. ..

ChrisMora 16

Either you're ignoring her, and she likes you, or she has memory loss.

musicismyair 23

It's a fitting name for OP's FML :P (Considering that not many people notice Yato's presence)

Ayeeeeee i noticed that too I laughed in the middle of my class when I saw.

tiredofwaiting 25

Some people are terrible with names.

next time it happens, introduce yourself as someone different

Props for the usename Its really fitting

lesabber 18

Maybe she wants you to notice her and she thinks that you forget or ignore her, OP.

or maybe she likes you and is just trying to get you to notice her :)