Pervy perv walks

By Cashier - 09/03/2011 05:36 - Canada

Today, I was at work as a grocery store cashier. I felt a hand slap my ass. Turning around I saw an old man winking at me and I screamed. When my manager came to deal with the problem she didn't believe me and gave the man a $25 gift card for "the trouble" I caused. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 275
You deserved it 3 795

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a creep! ******* managers always siding with customers. The customer is not always right!

FYLDeep 25

It's easy for him to get away with it since he probably didn't even remember doing anything by the time the manager walked over.

Comments

You screamed? Really? There are ways to deal with sexual harassment. I don't think screaming is one of them. Certainly not in the middle of a shop. And I doubt you were startled and screamed out of reflex, not if, as you say, you still have time to turn around and see him wink at you first. Must have been a very rehearsed scream. Perhaps if you had dealt with it like an adult, the dirty old man would have been appropriately punished. Sadly now he has been rewarded instead.

Sudden shock of finding out that the person who just slapped your hands is some complete stranger pervert old man and not someone you know.

Well, then you need to have a serious chat with your manager.

Actually, screaming should be one of the first responses to being sexually assaulted, closely followed by a swift kick to the groin. How many more women do you think would be raped in semi-public places if no one ever screamed for help?

I got so many creepers when I was a cashier at a grocery store... the old men were the creepiest. FYL op, I know how it is. And the whole "customer is always right" thing is such BS. The customer is almost always wrong.

I dont' understand why she didn't trust you. Why would someone lie about that? I've seen people lie about that sort of stuff to get lawsuit money, get revenge on someone, get attention from friends. But there's no benefit to making it a small claim (no real lawsuit money, you'd get more just plain working for the amount of time & effort needed), about a stranger (no revenge), at work (unless you have lots of friends at work... which is seldom the case). I would suggest that you try referencing the security tapes... if your manager doesn't trust you for things like this, she probably doesn't trust you enough not to record you.

Complain to your companies HR, your manager behaved completely unprofessionally. You don't deserve this and you don't have to put up with it!

I'm guessing this store has security cameras. Get yourself a lawyer and sue the store for not protecting you from this type of harassment.

styphon 5

I can't wait to be a dirty old man. years of sexually harassing young girls with no punishment and sometimes a giggle then a " you're such a dirty old man!"

bubo_fml 10

Here's how you get some payback...Tell him to meet you later on in the ladies room. When you know he's in there, tell the manager, store dick &/or police & that there is a lewd pervert in the woman's toilet...

jtd3 0

thats your fault for having a nice ass

ok, since you live in Alberta, you have a few options. you can go to the Alberta Provincial Court Civil or the Alberta Human Rights Commission for information on how to get compensation from your employer, if you were to sue for defamation of character you'd have to go to the Court of Queens Bench. The advice that I feel is best though is to go through the Human Rights Commission as they can prevent malicious actions in response to your claims.