Party!

By kelkline - 31/08/2009 16:45 - United States

Today, my friend got a babysitter for the kids and told me she was taking me to a party. My son told me his band was playing at a party. I will be 40 tomorrow, so I thought this would be the best surprise birthday party ever. It WAS a surprise birthday party – for a friend of ours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 075
You deserved it 3 527

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i think she's talking about her younger kids.

the_stereotype 0

maybe they have something planned for your real birthday...? hopefully.

Comments

lifeislife, i actually think they both leave insightful comments, but mainly I enjoy the banter between them.

skullbuster 0

Awwww, OP, I wept for you today. No party AND the realization that your life is more than half over? It's time to set things right with a full-on middle aged hissy fit. You know the drill, don't you? 1) Place tearful self-indulgent phone calls to all those supposed friends and loved ones who didn't plan a party for you. 2) Crank out some angry, profanity-laden text messages and calls to that ****** who did get a party. Include accusations that state, in no uncertain terms, that this person stole YOUR party! 3) Make a video, posted to You Tube, of you tearfully singing Happy Birthday to yourself while blowing out a lone sad candle shoved in to a Twinkee snack cake. Keep the bottles of ripple hidden from view in the video but being drunk helps, Slurry=SAD. Send the link to everyone in your address book. 4) Crawl in to a ball on the floor, scream "why me" several times, and shake your fists menacingly in the air. 5) Wear a pin on your shirt for at least 2 weeks that says Birthday Girl. Of course, if the friend's party had been a couple days later, you could have initiated a full-blown scene - but it's just not your week!

gangstapebbles89 0

YDI for being a moron. btw no one gives a damn if u wrote the first comment

Oh.. uh... Who cares? No really, you're turning forty TOMORROW. You've got plenty of time for surprises. Even if it's after your birthday, that's even more the surprise. Or do you assume every party your son plays at is your party?

Surprise! You're old! Get over yourself. Not everything is about you anymore.

"...Strangers waiting Up and down the boulevard Their shadows searching in the night Streetlight people Living just to find emotion Hiding somewhere in the night Don't stop believin' Hold on to that feelin' Streetlight people..."

I don't see the problem. Are you saying other people with birthdays near yours can't have surprise birthday parties?