Pants on fire

By Jamie - 04/04/2009 14:42 - United States

Today, I was at working at Burger King as a cashier. A girl I met last night came in and said, "Aren't you that guy from last night?" Last night, I had told her I was going to medical school and was going to be a doctor in less than a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 435
You deserved it 154 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you could have just told her you were working there part time to help pay for med school

Comments

CaptainPat 0

"yeah, i am, i'm working here until i graduate, i have a class later today, but if you want we can hang out later" Damn man, if you're gonna lie at least do it right

CaptainPat 0

PS, #19, depending on the state you live in it varies, some states it's 15, but in most 1t's 16, and you can't do certain tasks untill you are 18. -I used to work there.

If you were lying, that was a stupid choice and you deserved to get caught. But there really isn't any shame in working at a fast food place. It's a source of income. If someone looks down on you for it, they aren't worth your time.

intothevoid612 0

and we're supposed to feel sorry for you? How about you just don't lie about your job, especially when your real job involves a lot of interaction with people.

freddie_fml 0

What, medical students can't have part-time jobs? But yeah, you learned a lesson about lying, didn't you.

saprpk 1

uhm maybe its jsut me but i swear i read this... like from the girls perspective.... on this site..

greatnt249 0

"And??? I think most people in med school have jobs on the side." No, they don't; they're usually up to their eyeballs in school and lab work. On top of that, after the first two years of school, they'll be doing extensive clinical rotations; those don't leave extra time to flip burgers. The OP got caught in a lie, and I'm glad it blew up in his face; people like you don't deserve to get credit for hard work you didn't do.

Yes, life in med school was busy, especially during my clinical years, but I was working throughout my entire degree and at several points wasjuggling up to 3 part-time jobs, yet I successfully graduated with above average results, so I don't think it's reasonable to generalise and say that we all don't have time to work. And while it was a challenge, I don't think being a doctor necessarily makes me a better person than someone who works at Burger King, so I'm actually not offended that the OP lied, but I am a little surprised and amused that he bothered to do so.

#19, chaldo 97. Are you some sort of paedophile or something?

you work at burger king? your life was already ****** before this.

YDI for being a loser. Have fun working at BK for the rest of your life!