Oh come on!

By Great. - 22/02/2013 22:32 - Brazil - Belo Horizonte

Today, I found an old toy that I gave to my daughter several years ago. It was still unopened, and long forgotten, so I decided to re-gift it to one of my friend's children. My daughter immediately remembered her "favorite" toy and started crying inconsolably. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 702
You deserved it 11 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Maybe she loved it so much she never opened it? either that or she was waiting 50 years to put it on eBay...

Yea, I used to love to play with packaged Hot Wheels as a kid. I feel for her, the poor girl.

Comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You don't re-gift other people's stuff.

You shouldn't have assumed. While growing up, I kept some of my toys packaging so I could store them safely for moving or traveling or safekeeping when they had too many pieces or whathaveyou. Now that I'm older and don't use them anymore, my favorite ones are still stored in my closet, in their original packaging, as mementos. As some other comments have said, you should have asked. "Unopened" or not, it was still hers to begin with.

Maybe it was unopened because your daughter was hoping it would gain value in its packaging and was keeping it in a safe place you moron. You don't give stuff to your daughter then give it to someone else.

1. Never regift, it's cheap. 2. You should've asked your daughter. 3. You deserve it!!

niswisk 3

Your a monster! Maybe she left it in the box and forgotten it for a reason! Why didnt u just ask her first and talk her into regifting it?

#87 this is the most moronic comment i've ever read. "maybe she left in the box and forgotten it for a reason". that doesn't even make sense. who FORGETS something for a REASON? if you forget, it's forgotten, you don't choose to forget something.

you people saying she deserved it HAVE GOT to be kidding me. if the kid started crying about it, she's like 6, tops. do you honestly think a kid, a CHILD will think that way? "oh, I play with all these toys, but I'll keep this specific one in the box because it might be worth something in the future". what?!?!?!!? no, she completely forgot she had the toy and when it got regifted, she remembered and threw a fit, like any other kid would. it's fine to regift things, what are you gonna do with them? throw away? plus, the woman is from Brazil, do you even know how expensive shit is there? especially toys.