Oh come on!

By Great. - 22/02/2013 22:32 - Brazil - Belo Horizonte

Today, I found an old toy that I gave to my daughter several years ago. It was still unopened, and long forgotten, so I decided to re-gift it to one of my friend's children. My daughter immediately remembered her "favorite" toy and started crying inconsolably. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 702
You deserved it 11 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Maybe she loved it so much she never opened it? either that or she was waiting 50 years to put it on eBay...

Yea, I used to love to play with packaged Hot Wheels as a kid. I feel for her, the poor girl.

Comments

Crosswinds 8

Hey sorry mat but your kid is a ********. Put a bit more effort into yeah.

I was immediately reminded of Will Ferrell trying give away the bread-maker he received on his wedding day.

YOU EVIL WITCH! D: She wanted to keep it in mint condition to keep its value

I'm pretty sure the mom raised her and didn't remember her daughter having a strong attachment to the toy, it's not like she was being a bitch, she was giving an old, unused toy new life.

Derpenstien 4

My mother gave away a "toy" to the son of a friend for the same reason. I informed her that the "doll" was actually a collectable figurine. She didn't believe me until I went online and showed her that the prices had gone up to a couple hundred dollars since the company stopped making them. Point being: It wasn't yours and you had no right to steal from her like that. I hope it bites you in the ass.

How old were you that you had a concept of the value escalating and held onto the toy for monetary reasons?

You'd be surprised 45! My cousin started a collection when he was just 6 years old. Kids see a few collectors every now and then on TV and copy them.

Faye2210 9

You really should have asked her permission first

It's ok, the toy will escape and return to her. Wait...what do you mean that Toy Story is just a story?

My mom did that with my n64, 007 Golden eye, and starfox 64. So pissed.

Demonyx 6

Sorry, but, in my opinion, a gift, once given, is not yours to control, sell, destroy, etc.