Odd behavior

By Anon - 05/01/2012 02:21 - United States

Today, after months of dating, I asked my boyfriend if he wanted to take things to the next level. He told me that he couldn't have sex with me because of his religious beliefs. I would've been fine with this if it weren't for the fact that I know he and his family are all atheists. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 460
You deserved it 4 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go buy a vibrator... It'll probably be more satisfying anyways.

3mi1y_ 16

at least he isnt only in the relationship FOR the sex. in a way, be grateful

Comments

wriptidez 0
ninjuh_wingman 29

Thats saying something when a guy makes up an excuse not to have sex with you.

Fancyy 0

Apparently 'not everyone are in relationships for sex' ! Thumbs up to your comment ! Lol.

What he meant was, "I can't have sex with you because it's against your religious beliefs. We are not married.."

perdix 29

Maybe God told him not to have sex with you. He'll punt on the atheism thing just to keep his precious bodily fluids from you.

What he's trying to say is... Your ugly. I'm sorry.

I suppose he's right on a technicality OP. Atheism may not be a religion, but it is however, a religious belief. Also, just because he is an atheist does not mean that he believes in sex before marriage. You don't have to be a Buddhist, a Christian or a Hindu to believe in abstinence or celibacy. Everyone is free to make their own choices.

No, he's technically not right. Atheism is indeed a belief, but abstinence or celibacy isn't part of that belief, so saying 'I can't have sex with you because I'm an atheist' is wrong.

Actually, I would say atheism is more than just an absence of belief. Atheists don't just not believe in god, they specifically believe there is no god. Agnostics are the ones that don't believe in god.

N3766 20

76 Your opinion is retarded. Agnostics are the ones that believe in god but don't believe in religion.

Yeah, but we all know that Snickers bars are a figment of our imagination anyway, so... [EDIT] @90 Agnostics don't believe in God - they are waiting for something to happen that will convince them that God(s) are real.

Well yeah, but I see an absence of belief also as a form of belief. Oh, and as an agnostic atheist, I can say that you three have all a wrong definition of agnosticism. Agnostics do not know whether there is a God or not, so they will not make any 'God exists' or 'God doesn't exist' statement. There are two kinds of agnosts: the 'I don't know if there is any God, but I think chances are bigger that he doesn't exist' and the 'I don't know if there is any God, but I think chances are bigger that he does exist'. Basic knowledge of religion, you're welcome.

Ah, thanks for that 96. I always thought that an agnostic was someone who was just uncertain and waiting for proof.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth, 26. Agnostic atheists take the most reasonable approach compared to all beliefs.

Actually, I'm pretty sure (mostly because I just looked it up to check) that agnostics are people who believe a god's existence cannot be proven or disproven, as opposed to gnostics who believe that a god's existence CAN be proven or disproven. So an agnostic atheist is someone who does not believe in a god but does not think that believe can be either proven or disproven, a gnostic theist is someone who believes in God and believes that god's existence can be proven, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe there are multiple definitions.