NParents represent!

By Familyvisits - 31/08/2021 08:01 - Canada - Cambridge

Today, my parents have been whining about me spending a weekend there, so I did. I have severe IBS and sent them the list of foods I can eat 2 weeks ago when I told them I was coming. They had no food in the house that I could eat without getting sick, and got offended when I didn’t eat or tried to buy my own food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 093
You deserved it 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry you have IBS, but that is predictable considering you're descended from two lousy assholes.

I have IBS too and diet + anxiety control are very important to us. I'm sorry they failed to provide any of the two :/

Comments

I'm sorry you have IBS, but that is predictable considering you're descended from two lousy assholes.

Parents as in they raised you? Did they raise you with the same foods that you can't eat today? If so, of course they're confused.

What a stupid comment... People can get intolerances any time in life. I have IBS and I'm fructan, mannitol and fructose intolerance. I was raised on those foods. They're the reason my IBS was so bad.

Sounds like another hypochondriac to me. Really, 16 to 20 years eating food that always made someone sick. It's a wonder a person like that could even make it to preteen years, much less to survive into adulthood. That's ok, people like yourself aren't alone. Just a weekly trip to the doctor. Grits and Tabasco sauce solve all eating problems.

Stupid comment. My IBS started at around 18 and got bad at around 24. In most countries, people move out at those ages due to college or affordable housing prices. My dad, which I stopped talking to when I was 20, doesn't even know I have IBS or any of the side effects. And my mother (who has same condition) still does not understand what my personal requirements are because my body reacts differently then hers and I am still learning my own diet.

I have IBS too and diet + anxiety control are very important to us. I'm sorry they failed to provide any of the two :/