Not so merry Christmas

By Holly Jolly - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I spent the day crying, and ate McDonald's for my Christmas dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 281
You deserved it 5 761

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

Don't be sad! Let's put a McSmile on that face ! :3

Comments

What a waste. Why not take the opportunity to practice the art of cooking a gorgeous, healthy meal at home instead of heading out to McDonald's like a lazy bum? There's nothing wrong with being alone on Christmas but YDI for not making the best of it.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Here's a thought: Maybe OP didn't want to cook. There ARE people who don't like cooking.

The holiday season is the time of year where many peiple are deprrssed due to so many situations like death, break-ups, divorce (or separation [my parents separated during the christmas season of '04, tough time for me]). Psychological wise, the FML implies she is depressed (or manic-depressed) and maybe she sought out comfort foods like Big Macs and other McDonalds related products. You implying that she rather spend her time learning how to cook is not a bad choice, but you could have said it in a more supportive style.

YDI when your feet are swollen and the diabetes has made living not much fun compared to Russian roulette with a hand grenade.

Icecream93 4

No for the ppl that had to work at mcdonalds on christmas

A7X_LoVeee 10

I didn't even realize it was open on Christmas.

Hope you got a happy meal, at least they'll give you a toy!

skeezle 0

Did you at least act like the burger wrappers were gift wrap and tear it off viscously?

Mcdonalds is closed on christmas ;) good one!

I cried all day Christmas too! But I didn't get and maccas :(

Everything seems worst over the holidays. Things will get better. Hang in there.

MC Donald's wasn't open today in my area... so I went to Jack in the box... twice

OCDC 9

Wow your Christmas was McFucked up.

KatherineJ 0

If I knew where you were, I'd bring you truckload of our leftovers and a hug.