Not interested

By Anonymous - 19/05/2023 06:00

Today, it's been a few weeks since I moved into my own place, so I decided to visit my parents. I rang to ask for a good time to come over but all I got was basically, "Nope, you’re moved out now, a grown up, no longer our problem, ring us when you get some girl pregnant with our first grandbaby, bye." FML
I agree, your life sucks 918
You deserved it 110

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP's parents in a few years: Why do you never call or visit, we didn't even know you got married and had kids!

Or - and hear me out - you DON’T ring them when you get some girl pregnant with their first of what they assume will be a long line of GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneoneoneoneoneone and they can go fade into misery without you or their precious GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneoneoneoneoneone Parents who only care about that shit are the worst.

Comments

Or - and hear me out - you DON’T ring them when you get some girl pregnant with their first of what they assume will be a long line of GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneoneoneoneoneone and they can go fade into misery without you or their precious GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneoneoneoneoneone Parents who only care about that shit are the worst.

tiptoppc 19

Jeebus Crabst! Your post makes my eyes and brain hurt. That’s on par with that stupid “IDK my BFF jenny” commercial.

It seems they only had you so they could get grandchildren. What assholes. I advise never contacting them again, even if you ever have kids. That way, they likely can't sue for grandparents' rights, if that exists where you are.

OP's parents in a few years: Why do you never call or visit, we didn't even know you got married and had kids!