Nope nope nope

By kill me - 07/05/2016 00:58 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I had to repeatedly explain to my nosy, interfering, clingy, no-concept-of-personal-space mom that I'm not okay with her moving into my new house, or the same neighborhood, or even the same goddamn state as me when I get married next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 005
You deserved it 1 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell her that her behaviour is pushing you away and ruining your relationship with her. If she keeps it up she's going to lose you, hopefully that will help make a difference.

But what if it's on the state line border? Loopholes! Always remember to cover possible loopholes!

Comments

Just tell her that her behaviour is pushing you away and ruining your relationship with her. If she keeps it up she's going to lose you, hopefully that will help make a difference.

lexiieeex3 32

It's also Mother's Day so OP should give their mom a little bit of a break.

No, this seems to be something that ops mom has done their whole life. They don't have to be kinder because of a day, and if they were the mom would probably think of it as op starting to give up on their stance.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I didn't always have the best relationship with my mother and yet when she passed last year, I regretted every moment I missed with her. all I was saying in my comment is to enjoy the time you have. I would give anything to talk to my mom.

Im very close with my mom. I talk to her every day. She lives half a country away and i like it like that.

Suaria 38

Some of us will never get along with our moms. I've accepted the fact that my mom and i will never be close nor have a perfect relationship. We always end up fighting and it all together isn't a good relationship to have. So some of us probably won't miss our moms that much once they pass.

Everybody dies. YOU may miss your passed mother, but that doesn't mean giving someone a free pass from their overbearing, smothering, hovering bullshit.

I agree that they should talk to their mother and their mom should not invade their personal space.

Well stand up for yourself you are a grown adult! Also just don't give her your address haha

u sound like a real wench. love your mother. she hauled your fat ass out of her ****** didnt she?!

But what if it's on the state line border? Loopholes! Always remember to cover possible loopholes!

DennisS852 12

then you go live in alaska as far away from any borders as possible

Sounds like a great mom to have around. Not

yenze 18

Lol dump her you derserve better?

So instead of her mom following her it'll be the CIA! Good idea

I mean, at least the CIA pretends not to be following you.

emil3572 5

At least you have one. I lost my mom at 13 and wish everyday that she was still with us.

I mean... I get what you're saying and all, but that's not what OP is talking about at all and that was kinda random and inconsiderate. I am sorry your mom passed so early, though.

I lost mine a year ago. there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her.

Seriously? It's the game of who has it worse now? How does your loss invalidate any of OP's unfortunate situation? Sure I feel sorry for you, but that doesn't automatically dismiss any other mom-related problems on earth. Not everyone has a great relationship with their parents, I've seen it for myself, and that's okay. Not everything works out. I'm sorry about your mother, but saying you have it worse doesn't change the situation.

I lost my mom at 12, and I don't wish everyday that she was still with us. Unfortunately not everyone has a good relationship with their mom, I'd much rather have my grandmother back. And neither of our loses relate to the OP's FML, it's not a game of who has it worse.

Well, happy mothers day to her.