Non refundable

By honeymooner - 28/03/2012 10:47 - South Africa - Braamfontein

Today, I received a coupon for a special offer including flights and accommodation for the honeymoon destination that my fiancé and I are keen on. Yesterday, I paid the full price for the flight tickets and hotel deposit for the honeymoon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 500
You deserved it 2 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some places will honor coupons after the fact as a sign of good customer service. Try calling them and explaining the situation, they may cut you a break or just tell you to eff off. It's worth a try.

You DO realise that those "free" trips aren't free, right? There's usually a very big catch like having to sit for 8 hours in a meeting room where they try to sell you a time-share using high-pressure tactics. Or that you have to pay exorbitant "resort fees and taxes" that end up costing more than the room and airfare. Take what you have and enjoy the hell out of your wife. I mean your honeymoon.

Comments

Some places will honor coupons after the fact as a sign of good customer service. Try calling them and explaining the situation, they may cut you a break or just tell you to eff off. It's worth a try.

I work in a hotel and if this happened to a guest we would definatly honor the coupon price. especially considering its your honeymoon! just call them and talk to them

Michael_92 20

If you could it would be about the price of an engagement ring, wedding ring, wedding, and honeymoon.

Jakesterk96 8

40, don't forget the house and car. For everything else, there's MasterCard.

At least you didn't get a punctured hand, a cactussed foot and a bruised ankle.

I think paying for a full honeymoon and then getting a coupon for it the next day is worse...

I haven't been allowed to fly ever since I tried to take my turtle fence with me at Southwest. Be glad you can fly and enjoy the honeymoon. Sincerely, That creepy guy inside Walmart's storage room.

K_kanaka 26

Shitty timing. Well have fun on your honeymoon OP.

ddeathbombb 5

Wow you should at least split it with your fiancé

batummshakalaka 1

Not really... Maybe it was his gift to her. Or maybe, just maybe, they have one bank account. I don't know, call me crazy, but they are engaged which leads to marriage. Which leads to sharing life together. Including money.

You DO realise that those "free" trips aren't free, right? There's usually a very big catch like having to sit for 8 hours in a meeting room where they try to sell you a time-share using high-pressure tactics. Or that you have to pay exorbitant "resort fees and taxes" that end up costing more than the room and airfare. Take what you have and enjoy the hell out of your wife. I mean your honeymoon.

mmorgan9218 5

OP didn't say the coupon made it free

Sure you could just get up and walk out of the room where the 8 hour meeting is being held? I'm not familiar with the concept of offering free trips for a sales pitch it doesn't happen where I'm from. Is there some kind of contract that makes you have to stay for the entire talk?

Dooley - yes, that's the deal. They pay for the trip, but you have to sit through the sales pitch, often more than one. They use high-pressure tactics to get you to buy whatever they're selling.

My family was suckered into buying a useless share which we regret, I wish I heard your advise sooner.

That sucks :( But why people press UDI when he clearly didnt?

Those are trolls who feed on people's misery whenever they click YDI. They're parasites, sucking your misery so they could survive.

There are many times when you wonder how they could ever explain how OP deserves it. Was it that they were born? That they exist? Stupid trolls. (Ironic as my profile-pic in a troll face at the moment)

That's incredibly bad timing to receive a coupon, but maybe you could turn this into two honeymoons?