No tip for you

By Anonymous - 06/01/2011 06:34 - United States

Today, I was feeling sick but went into my waitressing job because I'd already missed 3 days this week. I was dizzy and managed to spill a tray of drinks all over the customers. Then, when their food was done, I tripped and spilled hot chili all over the man's lap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 038
You deserved it 11 973

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WHY do some people insist on going to work when they're sick? It's counter-productive. I don't want your germs and I'm pretty sure not many others do either. ydi

RedPillSucks 31

I generally agree, but some people can't afford not to work so they drag themselves in when sick. They gamble that the probability of them screwing up or infecting others is low.

Comments

Ursaweizel 0

It is possible to be sick for more than three days. Most servers do not get vacation time or "sick pay" & showing up to work on the fourth day anyways may not be so much a "greed" thing as it is an "I don't want to get fired" thing.

sallen0046 4

Everyone needs money, but it's stupid and inconsiderate to your customers to go to work sick when you deal with other people's food all day. Do you realize that customer can sue both you and the restaurant for spilling hot food on them, and that you're both at fault because you were sick and shouldn't have been there in the first place? You've jeopardized your job and brought down the reputation of the restaurant because you made a bad decision.

There sure have been a lot of FMLs about people going in to work sick lately. Seriously, people, just take a day off! It helps.

TheZarola 10

Ew. If you work in a food business and you're sick, don't go. It's unsanitary. YDI.

F that guys life for getting chili and drinks on his lap, and now possibly being sick from you.

Why do you people think she doesn't deserve it. Seriously? Why would you go to work sick, that is the dumbest thing you can do.

Hey, asshole, guess what? When a person has a job, they can only miss so many days or risk getting in some serious trouble and possibly getting fired for mising too much, even if they are sick. I have a friend who got a bad urinary tract infection and had to miss several days, and even though she was sick for another two weeks, they made her work because she was on work probation for missing so many work hours. That's why the OP said "because I'd already missed 3 days of work." In other words, yeah, she'd have loved to stay home, and it would have been easier, but when one has a job, certain things can't be helped. Shut the **** up and get a life. OP, I'm sincerely sorry for your experience. Get well soon.

Dont go and wait tables sick! It should be common sense.