No means no

By Anonymous - 22/08/2023 10:00

Today, it seems my mom didn’t believe me when I told her multiple times I was not going to my nasty bitch sister's wedding. Then she acted surprised and outraged when, shocker, I didn’t go, and has been leaving me texts and voicemails for over an hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 736
You deserved it 99

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, you did tell her. Not your fault she didn’t believe you.

if she's that bad in regular life, just imagine what kind of bridezilla she was that day. don't blame you for wanting to avoid that.

Comments

I mean, you did tell her. Not your fault she didn’t believe you.

That’s a typical passive-aggressive tactic - When told an answer they keep asking hoping to eventually get the answer they want… OP - I loath dealing with passive-aggressive people. I’d rather deal with someone who once we work out a compromise or a disagreement won’t keep trying to get me to change what I told them or what we agreed on… OP, I assume you have your reasons for this decision. Just stick to your decision and let the chips fall where they may.

Sounds like your sister inherited her nasty bitchiness from somewhere. According to my Punnett square, you're probably also a nasty bitch. Don't blame me, blame Gregor Mendel!

if she's that bad in regular life, just imagine what kind of bridezilla she was that day. don't blame you for wanting to avoid that.

OMG my mom does the same thing, but it’s my brother and this has been going on a good 30 years - we’re in our 50’s now. I told my parents that I do not want to see my brother EVER. My parents said they were coming to visit visit my family, about 1200 miles away from where my parents and brother live. Surprise - they brought my brother, and then got mad when I backed out of the planned beach trip.