No joking please

By Anonymous - 18/01/2011 02:08 - United States

Today, I went to the ER after a fall. Before the nurse did an X-Ray, she gave me a pregnancy test. It came back negative. I joked, "No martians have crawled into my uterus, then?" She didn't get it, and I had my head scanned for brain trauma. Never crack a joke in a hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 976
You deserved it 7 709

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Martian babies don't show up on the pregnancy tests.

you have an awesome sense of humor. I love you

Comments

catalin 0

Don't people nowadays know how to take a fall anymore ? It's simple - you put your hands in front of you, and scr*w the bags you were holding. Better sacrifice some tissues and bones in the arms, than your head and if you have some stuff in your hads to cushion the fall, GOOD. That being said, the circumstances of yout fall are unknown, but it is still quite easy to avoid. Falling down a flight of stair can be avoided, falling from a high place can be avoided. Maybe somebody pushed you, in which case he will burn in hell/rot in purgatory/reincarnate intp a fly or whatever karmic punishment you believe in. I am saying he, because only men could be non observant enough to push people in their way. And if they meant it, then maybe we should consider that you actually deserved it, in which case you got your just deserts.

RedPillSucks 31

OP didn't say she hit her head, just that the nurse ordered a scan to be sure there was no problem.

catalin 0

I only assumed that because she ended up in the ER for a fall. It was not an easy fall, that is certain. Or is it a custom in America to visit the Emergency Department for any small bruises ?

Arschloch04 0

41, I see plenty of women push people around in their way. Way to sound ignorant and haughty.

ktrose 0

Falling cannot be easily avoided obviously.. maybe if you know it is going to happen, then yes. In most circumstances though, you don't expect it..

strength413 8

Maybe there was ice, because you know, it's F*cking winter time and she's in New York.

DakotaCat 4

KNOCK KNOCK! Look at this crazy person knocking when there's no door!

SpRiTzSpLaSh 7

Maybe it was for the fall.....

perdix 29

You can tell jokes. Just make sure they are good ones. The nurse thought you might have contracted a mean case of Witzelsucht. Look it up! Yes, it's a real disease and yes, I find it funny that the Germans named it.

I looked it up. That disease pretty much describes 70% of the commenters on FML.

rldostie 19

Didn't his wife die recently?

notsoluckypup 12

Hey, it's not their fault they have zero sense of humor. They're missin' out; you just had an unlucky break...

hahahahahahaha man I love the ER such wonderful people..

That definitely sounds like something that would happen to me. I say stupid stuff like that all the time just for kicks and people think I'm being serious.

all this from a pregnancy test huh? so you're telling me birth defects can be seen from a II or a I? or +, -? pregnancy tests are only a yes or no answer detecting HcG. if the test was done by an ultrasound then maybe I would agree but not from a pregnancy test...