No data for you

By Anonymous - 10/01/2021 11:01 - Germany

Today, I got my first Android phone. Being aware that they are somewhat inclined to collecting data about you, I was still surprised when I had to tell the eBay app, of all things, that it wasn't allowed to know how much I exercise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 793
You deserved it 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

apple does the exact same thing. just apps from their store already have those permissions because they get checked by apple rather before being released. google doesn't really check what's on their store.

Comments

apple does the exact same thing. just apps from their store already have those permissions because they get checked by apple rather before being released. google doesn't really check what's on their store.

Yep, you sign your life away with any phone you buy. Heck, if you use facebook, whatapp, tiktok, google, instagram etc. (I could go on..) ALL your info is already out there. You think anything about you is safe? You've been datamined to Pluto and back before you even turned that new phone on!

sarahcroy20 12

I've had the ebay app for years. It has never asked how much I exercise. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

you don't get the choice with apple. everything apple is tracking all your information and once you download an app on apple you automatically allowed them to do so at least on Android you can change permission. how do you think your iphone was able to choose the right song for you at the right place and right time? all that collected data.

every keystroke you do has been monitored since pretty much the invention of computers but it was for analysis for improving the product. but it seems these days its analysis for ad targeting and improving any product